San Francisco, May 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
The global carbon black market is expected to reach USD 28.05 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing automotive sales and consequent rise in tire production is expected to drive industry growth over the forecast period.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Carbon Black Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-black-market
High demand for plastics and high performance coatings in automotive manufacturing is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Carbon black provides electrical conductivity and antistatic properties to many plastic products ranging from insulation materials to highly conductive areas.
Policies aimed at reducing GHG emissions during carbon black production processes may hamper growth trajectory over the forecast period. Since the production process is highly energy intensive, optimization of processes and greener & sustainable alternatives are paramount to tackle such issues in future.
Request for free sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-black-market/request
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global carbon black market demand was 11.99 million tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 16.40 million tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2015 to 2022
- Tires were the leading application segment and accounted for over 70% of the overall volume in 2014. Increasing passenger car sales and a robust aftermarket and OEM sectors of automotive industry are expected to drive tire production, thereby increasing carbon black consumption over the forecast period.
- Plastics are expected to be the fastest growing application segment at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing usage of specialty grades for improving electrical conductivity, better UV resistance and antistatic properties in plastics is expected spur growth.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market with demand share estimated 54.8% in 2014. Increasing carbon black demand in plastics, general rubber goods and tire manufacturing particularly from emerging economies of China, India, and Indonesia is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period. Mature markets of North America and Europe are characterized by increasing regulatory intervention to reduce greenhouse gas emissions during carbon black production.
- The industry has a presence of large multinational corporations who have integrated their operations, i.e., from feedstock to carbon black production. Compared to independent manufacturers, these companies enjoy a distinct advantage of cutting down on raw material procurement costs.
- Key players in the global carbon black industry include OJSC Kremenchug, OMSK Carbon Group, Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd., Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy Co., Ralson Goodluck Carbon, Asahi Carbon Co. Ltd., Atlas Organic Pvt. Ltd., Continental Carbon, OCI Co. Ltd., Birla Carbon and Cabot Corp.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the carbon black market on the basis of application and region:
Global Carbon Black Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- High Performance Coatings
Global Carbon Black Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-carbon-black-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research