RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., May 20, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:KOOL), an autologous cell-based regenerative medicine company, today announced that the Company’s management team including, Mr. Robin Stracey, Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Michael Bruch, Chief Financial Officer and Dalip Sethi, Ph.D., Clinical Research Director, will discuss recent corporate developments and initiatives at the Marcum MicroCap Conference, which is being held June 1 – 2, 2016 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City.
The Company presentation will cover the following milestones that it believes will contribute to clinical success:
- Submission to the FDA of an IDE Supplement, designed to enhance the Company’s Phase III clinical trial for the treatment of patients with late stage critical limb ischemia (CLI) using the Company’s proprietary SurgWerks™ system
- Successes achieved using SurgWerks with six “compassionate use” treatments of patients with critical limb ischemia who would otherwise have had no option but a major limb amputation, and
- Publication of the results of the Company’s pilot trial using its proprietary point of care technology for the treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction.
Details for the presentation are as follows:
|Date:||Wednesday, June 1, 2016|
Investors attending the conference who would like to schedule a 1-on-1 meeting with Cesca Therapeutics may do so by contacting Lee Roth or Tram Bui of The Ruth Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Marcum MicroCap Conference is dedicated to providing a forum where publicly traded companies with less than $500 million in market capitalization can network with the investment community. The 2016 Conference will be two full days with feature presentations by CEOs and CFOs from seven principal industry sectors, expert panels moderated by industry leaders, and the opportunity to meet with management of presenting companies on a one-on-one basis.
About Cesca Therapeutics Inc.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (www.cescatherapeutics.com) is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of cellular therapies and delivery systems for use in regenerative medicine. The Company is a leader in the development and manufacture of automated blood and bone marrow processing systems that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapeutics. These include:
- The SurgWerks™ System (in development) - a proprietary system comprised of the SurgWerks Processing Platform, including devices and analytics, and indication-specific SurgWerks Procedure Kits for use in regenerative stem cell therapy at the point-of-care for vascular and orthopedic diseases.
- The CellWerks™ System (in development) - a proprietary cell processing system with associated analytics for intra-laboratory preparation of adult stem cells from bone marrow or blood.
- The AutoXpress® System (AXP®) - a proprietary automated device and companion sterile disposable for concentrating hematopoietic stem cells from cord blood.
- The MarrowXpress™ System (MXP™) - a derivative product of the AXP and its accompanying sterile disposable for the isolation and concentration of hematopoietic stem cells from bone marrow.
- The BioArchive® System - an automated cryogenic device used by cord blood banks for the cryopreservation and storage of cord blood stem cell concentrate for future use.
- Manual bag sets for use in the processing and cryogenic storage of cord blood.
Forward-Looking Statements and Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release includes statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s current views and assumptions, speak only as of the date hereof and are subject to change. Forward-looking statements can often be identified by words such as “may,” “could,” “potential,” “continue,” and similar expressions and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding research and product commercialization. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future results and are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially and adversely from those expressed or implied in such statements. A more complete description of risks that could cause actual events to differ from the outcomes predicted by these forward-looking statements is set forth under the caption "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, in our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and in other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, and you should consider each of those factors when evaluating the forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statements for any reason, except as required by law.
Source:Cesca Therapeutics Inc.