San Francisco, May 24, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global corrosion inhibitors market is expected to reach USD 7.55 billion by 2020. Corrosion inhibitors form an important part of the water treatment chemicals market and growing regulatory pressure for water treatment is expected to boost market demand. Corrosion inhibitors are also used in construction industry as part of preventive maintenance for metallic structures. Mexico, China, Brazil and India are expected to witness exponential rise in infrastructure and construction which is expected to augment demand for corrosion inhibitors.
Complete Report Available @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/corrosion-inhibitors-market-analysis-by-product-organic-inorganic-by-application-water-based-and-oil-solvent-based-by-end-use-industry-power-generation-metal-processing-pulp-amp-paper-oil-amp-gas-and-chemical-processing-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Power generation was the largest end-use industry for corrosion inhibitors, with market demand of 1,366.5 kilo tons in 2013. Increasing power generation in China, India and Middle East coupled with growing instances of corrosion in cooling towers, steam and hydropower turbines is expected to augment demand. Oil and gas industry is also expected to witness significant rise in corrosion inhibitor demand growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global corrosion inhibitors market demand was 4,659.8 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 6,340.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Water-based corrosion inhibitors dominated the market in 2013 accounting for over 70% of global demand. These applications are preferred over their solvent based counterparts as they have lower VOC emissions which make them environmentally beneficial.
- Organic corrosion inhibitors were the most widely used product with demand exceeding 3,300 kilo tons in 2013. They are preferred over inorganic inhibitors as they are non toxic making them feasible for use in water treatment and paint and coating industry.
- Asia Pacific was the largest market for corrosion inhibitors, accounting for 38.78% of market volume in 2013. Industrial growth in automobile, chemicals and oil & gas sector is expected to boost the demand for corrosion inhibitor in the region.
- The global corrosion inhibitors market is fragmented with the top four companies accounting for less than 40% of global market in 2013. Key companies include BASF, Ashland, Ecolab, GE Water, DuPont, Dow Chemicals Company, Champion Technologies, Cytec, and Lubrizol Corporation.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Corrosion Inhibitor Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Organic corrosion inhibitor
- Inorganic corrosion inhibitor
Corrosion Inhibitor Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Water based
- Oil/Solvent Based
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/corrosion-inhibitors-market-analysis-by-product-organic-inorganic-by-application-water-based-and-oil-solvent-based-by-end-use-industry-power-generation-metal-processing-pulp-amp-paper-oil-amp-gas-and-chemical-processing-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Corrosion Inhibitor End-use Industry Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Power generation
- Oil & gas
- Pulp & paper
- Metal processing
- Chemicals processing
Corrosion Inhibitor Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- China Third-Party Payment Market –
- China Water-Soluble Dietary Fiber Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights