PARIS, May 31, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SYSTRAN, the leading provider of machine translation software for desktop, enterprise server, Internet, and mobile applications, announces the release of its new software for desktop users: SYSTRAN 8 Translator.
SYSTRAN 8 Translator is designed for individuals, freelancers and businesses who need to quickly translate all types of documents to better understand them. With a new user interface, it has become extremely simple to translate text, Web pages, Microsoft Office documents, emails, or to look up the definition of a word or phrase in a dictionary. As all features are accessible without an Internet connection, private or professional translations remain confidential. Furthermore, SYSTRAN 8 Translator provides the ability to customize the translation by creating user dictionaries and translation memories to improve the accuracy of translations.
In this release, more languages are offered and users can now select the language pairs they need. New ones can be added at any time based on users' changing translation needs.
New features have been implemented to further simplify the understanding of multilingual documents, including:
- PDF documents processing. Thanks to a technology agreement signed with I.R.I.S, a leader in intelligent document recognition, SYSTRAN 8 Translator converts PDF documents into editable text in order to be translated.
- Integration of translation tools in web browsers. Now available for Chrome browsers in addition to Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- OmniTranslator. Useful for translating application menus or Excel cells for example, this feature instantly translates any text on the screen by simply hovering the mouse pointer over a specific element.
- Batch file translation has been enhanced with additional filter options.
Compatible with Windows 7.8 and 10, SYSTRAN 8 Translator is available in two editions in the SYSTRAN online store.
- The "Essential" edition allows users to easily communicate in multiple languages and costs €79.
- The "Professional" edition for €249, suits more demanding users who need a full integration with their professional environment to work and collaborate more efficiently in foreign languages.
Learn more about the two editions here: http://store.systran.eu/lp/storeSystranEU/?page=Systran8&Langue=en_GB
SYSTRAN is a leading provider of language translation software for desktop, enterprise, web and mobile applications. SYSTRAN launched the first web translator, named Bablefish, in 1997 and has been used by the leading web portals including AltaVista(TM), Google(TM), Yahoo!®, and Orange.
With the ability to facilitate communication in 130+ language combinations, SYSTRAN delivers real-time language solutions to international companies, Defence and Security organizations, Language Service Providers, to enhance multilingual communication and increase productivity for internal collaboration, search, eDiscovery, content management, online customer support and e-Commerce.
SYSTRAN is also the official translation solutions provider for the S-Translator, a default-embedded app on the Samsung Galaxy S and Note series.
Since its early beginnings, SYSTRAN has been pioneering advances in Machine Translation and Natural Language Processing and today the R&D department is working on the next generation based on Deep Learning technology.
SYSTRAN is headquartered in Seoul with offices in Daejeon, South Korea; Paris, France; and San Diego, USA.
For more information, visit www.systransoft.com
Marketing & Communication Director, SYSTRAN
Phone: +33 (0)1 44 82 49 00
SYSTRAN 8 Translator EN http://hugin.info/141962/R/2016895/748185.pdf