NEW YORK, May 31, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Wall Street Journal will again convene nearly 100 leading global chief financial officers from the world’s top corporations at the annual meeting of the CFO Network. The invitation-only event, which will take place June 13-14 at the Park Hyatt in Washington, D.C., will address the most pressing business and policy issues facing corporate finance today.
The gathering will feature policymakers and leaders from a range of sectors. Rebecca Blumenstein, Deputy Editor in Chief for The Wall Street Journal, will provide opening remarks. Brian Moynihan, Chairman and CEO of Bank of America, will start the program in an interview with Wall Street Journal Financial Editor Dennis Berman on the future of banking.
Other speakers include:
- Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York
- Alan S. Blinder, Professor of Economics and Public Affairs, Princeton University; Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors, Federal Reserve System (1994-1996)
- John Collison, President and Co-Founder, Stripe
- Thomas J. Curry, Comptroller of the Currency, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Diana Furchtgott-Roth, Senior Fellow and Director, Economics21, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research; Chief Economist, U.S. Department of Labor (2003-2005)
- Leslie Gaines-Ross, Chief Reputation Strategist, Weber Shandwick
- David Gurle, Founder and CEO, Symphony
- Jon M. Huntsman Jr., Chairman, The Atlantic Council; Governor (2005-2009), Utah; U.S. Ambassador to China (2009-2011)
- Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D. Dean and Professor of Management School of Business, The George Washington University
- Blythe Masters, CEO, Digital Asset Holdings
- Lt. Gen James K. “Kevin” McLaughlin, U.S. Air Force, Deputy Commander, U.S. Cyber Command
Speakers will be interviewed by top editors from The Wall Street Journal, including Gerard Baker, Editor in Chief (@gerardtbaker), Deputy Editor in Chief Rebecca Blumenstein (@RBlumenstein), Associate Editor John Bussey (@johncbussey), Washington Bureau Chief Gerald F. Seib (@GeraldFSeib), and Financial Editor Dennis Berman (@DKBerman).
In addition to the on-stage discussions, The Wall Street Journal CFO Network meeting includes subject-specific Task Force sessions in which the CFO members collaborate to develop a strategic agenda for financial leadership in key areas facing global corporate finance executives. The results of the meeting will be published in a worldwide special report on June 20 in The Wall Street Journal and on WSJ.com. For more information on The Wall Street Journal CFO Network and its annual meeting, please visit: cfonetwork.wsj.com. Follow the social conversation at #WSJCFO.
About The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. Published by Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. & world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
Media Contact Tom Amos Dow Jones & Company email@example.com 212 416 4952
Source:Dow Jones & Company