MARTINSRIED and MUNICH, Germany, June 2, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX) reported the outcome of the Company's Annual General Meeting, which took place in Munich on Thursday, June 2, 2016. The shareholders of MorphoSys AG approved the following management proposals put to vote at the meeting:
- The appropriation of the accumulated income for the 2015 financial year
- The discharge of the members of the Management and Supervisory Boards with respect to the 2015 financial year
- The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers AG as auditor for the 2016 financial year
- Resolution on the cancelation of Conditional Capital 2003-II; change in the Articles of Association
- Resolution on the creation of a new Conditional Capital 2016-I; authorization of the Management Board to issue convertible bonds and/or bonds with warrants with the option to exclude subscription rights; change in the Articles of Association
- Resolution on the creation of Conditional Capital 2016-III and the authorization to grant subscription rights to members of the Management Board of MorphoSys AG, to members of management bodies of affiliated companies in Germany and abroad as well as to selected executives of MorphoSys AG and affiliated companies in Germany and abroad (Stock Option Plan 2016); change in the Articles of Association.
The resolution on the creation of Conditional Capital 2016-II and the authorization to grant subscription rights to members of the Management Board of MorphoSys AG, to members of management bodies of affiliated companies in Germany and abroad as well as to selected executives of MorphoSys AG and of affiliated companies in Germany and abroad (Performance Share Plan 2016) (change in the Articles of Association) were supported by 72.25 % but did not receive the required 75 % majority of the represented share capital. At the Annual General Meeting 2016 of MorphoSys AG, 54.1 % of the voting shares were represented.
"On behalf of the Management Board and the Company, I would like to thank our shareholders for their continued support and trust," commented Dr. Simon Moroney, Chief Executive Officer of MorphoSys AG.
More information on the Company's Annual General Meeting including the voting results on all agenda items can be found on http://www.morphosys.com/agm.
MorphoSys developed HuCAL, the most successful antibody library technology in the pharmaceutical industry. By successfully applying this and other patented technologies, MorphoSys has become a leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies, one of the fastest-growing drug classes in human healthcare.
Together with its pharmaceutical partners, MorphoSys has built a therapeutic pipeline of more than 100 human antibody drug candidates for the treatment of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease, to name just a few. With its ongoing commitment to new antibody technology and drug development, MorphoSys is focused on making the healthcare products of tomorrow. MorphoSys is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol MOR. For regular updates about MorphoSys, visit http://www.morphosys.com.
HuCAL®, HuCAL GOLD®, HuCAL PLATINUM®, CysDisplay®, RapMAT®, arYla®, Ylanthia®, 100 billion high potentials®, Slonomics®, Lanthio Pharma® and LanthioPep® are registered trademarks of the MorphoSys Group.
This communication contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the MorphoSys group of companies. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgment of MorphoSys as of the date of this release and involve risks and uncertainties. Should actual conditions differ from the Company's assumptions, actual results and actions may differ from those anticipated. MorphoSys does not intend to update any of these forward-looking statements as far as the wording of the relevant press release is concerned.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Claudia Gutjahr-Löser
Head of Corporate Communications & IR
Associate Director Corporate Communications & IR
Senior Manager Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-404
Media Release (PDF) http://hugin.info/130295/R/2017565/748650.pdf
Source: MorphoSys AG