RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., June 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:KOOL), an autologous cell-based regenerative medicine company, today announced that the Company will be exhibiting at the 14th International Cord Blood Symposium (ICBS), being held June 9-11 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Francisco, California. As a leader in concentrating and cryopreserving stem cells from cord blood, Cesca is proud to sponsor the event.
The annual ICBS conference is jointly organized by the American Association of Blood Banking and the Cord Blood Association, and brings together world leaders in the field of cord blood banking, preservation and applications. Umbilical cord blood stem cells are used primarily to treat blood diseases such as leukemia, lymphoma and genetic diseases, including sickle cell anemia. One major limitation to the use of cord blood has been the limited number of stem cells obtained from a single umbilical cord. Recently however, cord blood has gained increased interest due to new strategies for growing stem cells in culture, expanding the potential therapeutic dose. Furthermore, advances in regenerative cell therapies suggest that cord blood cells may be used in future for treatment of heart attacks and strokes.
About Cesca Therapeutics Inc.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (www.cescatherapeutics.com) is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of cellular therapies and delivery systems for use in regenerative medicine. The Company is a leader in the development and manufacture of automated blood and bone marrow processing systems that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapeutics. These include:
- The SurgWerks™ System (in development) - a proprietary system comprised of the SurgWerks Processing Platform, including devices and analytics, and indication-specific SurgWerks Procedure Kits for use in regenerative stem cell therapy at the point-of-care for vascular and orthopedic diseases.
- The CellWerks™ System (in development) - a proprietary cell processing system with associated analytics for intra-laboratory preparation of adult stem cells from bone marrow or blood.
- The AutoXpress® System (AXP®) - a proprietary automated device and companion sterile disposable for concentrating hematopoietic stem cells from cord blood.
- The MarrowXpress™ System (MXP™) - a derivative product of the AXP and its accompanying sterile disposable for the isolation and concentration of hematopoietic stem cells from bone marrow.
- The BioArchive® System - an automated cryogenic device used by cord blood banks for the cryopreservation and storage of cord blood stem cell concentrate for future use.
- Manual bag sets for use in the processing and cryogenic storage of cord blood.
The statements contained herein may include statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements that are based on management’s current views and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. A more complete description of risks that could cause actual events to differ from the outcomes predicted by Cesca Therapeutics' forward-looking statements is set forth under the caption "Risk Factors" in Cesca Therapeutics annual report on Form 10-K and other reports it files with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, and you should consider each of those factors when evaluating the forward-looking statements.
Source:Cesca Therapeutics Inc.