Albany, NY, June 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In 2011, approximately 6.1 million pregnancies were reported in the U.S. However the number is expected to decrease in the coming five years. As per the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the Guttmacher Institute, abortions too hit a record low during 2010-2011. Research also found out that the rate of pregnancy amongst women aging 40 years and older was high and that among teens was low.
You can download a sample for free: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=10661
Nevertheless, the market for pregnancy products is expected to register a healthy growth rate as pregnant women continue to face certain health issues such as stretch marks, hair and nail changes, hyperpigmentation, and back pain. Leading players in the U.S. pregnancy products market offer many products in the form of creams, gels, lotions, and balms to address such conditions associated with pregnancy. As reflected in a new report from Transparency Market Research (TMR), the U.S. pregnancy products market is expected to progress from US$266.6 mn in 2014 to US$439.2 mn by 2023.
TMR experts answer a few questions pertaining to the U.S. pregnancy products market:
- Do cosmetic products affect adversely if used during pregnancy?
- Yes, would-be-mothers need to take extra care while using certain cosmetics during pregnancy. A new study by SUNY Downstate Medical Center in New York, the U.S., warns that using certain cosmetics such as lotions and soaps during pregnancy can affect newborns adversely. Using cosmetic products with certain antimicrobial compounds such as propyl paraben and triclocarban is dangerous. These antimicrobial compounds are linked with decreased body length at birth, decreased birth weight, and increased odds of preterm birth.
Browse Market Research Report on U.S. Pregnancy Products Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/us-pregnancy-products-market.html
A chemical called Triclosan is used in personal care products such as toothpaste, shampoos, mouth wash, deodorants, soaps, and cosmetics to reduce bacterial contamination. However, a new study has found out that Triclosan antimicrobial agent disturbs bacterial communities in the gut, which might lead to arthritis, malnutrition, heart disease, and diabetes.
Considering the side effects of certain cosmetics, mothers-to-be have become aware of selecting their products after due inspection. The reduction in the use of specific cosmetics due to harmful chemicals is expected to affect the U.S. pregnancy products market in the near future.
- What types of pregnancy products are available in the U.S. market and which product segment dominates?
- Leading players in the U.S. pregnancy products market are taking efforts to introduce new sets of products. Stretch mark minimizers, skin toning lotions, body restructuring gels, stressed leg products, breast creams, itching prevention creams, and dark spot treatment creams are some of the many pregnancy products available in the U.S. pregnancy products market.
Approximately 90% of women develop stretch marks during pregnancy, reports state. As stretch marks during pregnancy is a common issue, the demand for stretch mark minimizer products is constantly on the rise. Clearly, the stretch mark minimizer segment is currently the leading contributor to the U.S. pregnancy products market.
Browse Press Release of U.S. Pregnancy Products Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/us-pregnancy-products-market.htm
- Will teen pregnancies drive the U.S. pregnancy products market?
- Yes. Even though the rate of teen pregnancy has currently dropped, it has been driving the U.S. pregnancy products market since the past few years. As per the Centers for Disease Control, 80% of teen pregnancies are unintended. In 2012, approximately 104,700 maternal hospital stays were for pregnant teens. In 2014, around 249,078 babies were born to females aged 15 to 19 years. This has led to the increasing use of various pregnancy products among the younger moms.
Constant awareness about using safe and genuine products is being created by manufacturers of pregnancy products through TV advertisements, newspapers, and online media. With this, the U.S. pregnancy products market is expected to reach new milestones.
Other Reports Published by Transparency Market Research:
- Pre-pregnancy Genetic Testing Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pre-pregnancy-genetic-testing-market.html
- Breast Cancer Therapeutics Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/breast-cancer-therapeutics-pipeline-analysis-market.html
- Companion Diagnostics Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/companion-diagnostics-market.html
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a U.S. based provider of syndicated research, customized research, and consulting services. TMR’s global and regional market intelligence coverage includes industries such as pharmaceutical, chemicals and materials, technology and media, food and beverages, and consumer goods, among others. Each TMR research report provides clients with a 360-degree view of the market with statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Mr.Sudip.S 90 State Street, Suite 700 Albany, NY 12207 United States. Tel: +1-518-618-1030 USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453 Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com Blog: http://www.tmrblog.com/
Source:Transparency Market Research