San Francisco, June 14, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global flexible electronics market was USD 20,850.0 million in 2015, which is estimated to reach USD 87,210.0 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Escalating demand for compact and light-weight electronic devices is anticipated to fuel growth over the forecast period. Flexible batteries, displays, memories are a few products realized with the adoption of this technology. The technology provides ample opportunities in the area of smart textiles, which is the future of wearable's. Government support in the form of funding that lends a helping hand to several research projects in this field is also anticipated to impact the industry growth positively.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/flexible-electronics-market
Healthy demand for smart glasses, e-books, smartphones, smart watches, and e-papers is expected to catapult market growth over the next eight years. The technology facilitates electronic systems to be stretched, rolled, and flexed, minimizing design issues associated while developing compact, portable and miniature devices. The style and functionality of wearable devices is anticipated to witness a transition over the next eight years with companies such as Samsung, Apple, Nike and Google investing heavily in this segment, thereby providing avenues for discovering novel applications incorporating this technology.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/electronics
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The consumer electronics segment accounted for over 55% of the overall revenue in 2015. The year 2014 witnessed the onset of new curved televisions, smartphones, and other electronic devices; a trend that gained traction in 2015, and is expected to impact the flexible electronics demand favorably from 2016 to 2024 owing to high penetration in the wearable's segment
- The display segment is projected to grow at a CAGR exceeding 16% over the forecast period. It is primarily attributed to the ability of these products to curve, roll, flex, conform and fold, enabling a new intuitive user interface. Further, companies are progressing towards the use of plastic displays as an alternative to glass displays, which provides opportunity for future growth
- Wearable devices segment accounted for over 40% of the overall revenue in 2015 and is expected to witness a healthy demand over the forecast period. This increase is primarily ascribed to upsurge in demand for fitness or activity trackers as these products are well-positioned in the market with a promise of tracking productivity, physical activity, heart rate, sleep, etc. that intrigues customers
- Asia Pacific flexible electronics market accounted for over 20% of the overall revenue share in 2015. Research capabilities and aggressive investments by major industry players such as LG and Samsung Electronics in anticipated to drive regional growth over the forecast period
- Prominent industry participants include 3M, E Ink Holdings Inc., GE Measurement & Control Solutions, ITN Energy Systems Inc., LG, PARC, Samsung, and Thinfilm Electronics ASA. Strategic alliances among the major stakeholders such as material manufacturers, academia, and device integrators is anticipated to strengthen the existing technology know-how while driving drive efforts to explore new application areas
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Network Access Control (NAC) Market –
- Wearable Medical Device Market –
- Bioceramics Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights