SAN JOSE, Calif., June 15, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- File sharing demand has ushered in the age of Bring Your Own Collaboration (BYOC), as well as a complex array of data protection and privacy compliance challenges for IT to manage. From network file shares and email to new cloud-based file sharing platforms, once a file containing sensitive, regulated or confidential data is obtained by an authorized employee or third-party, data leakage liabilities begin to mount.
To help enterprises understand how to tackle these risks, SC Magazine is producing an upcoming webinar featuring a panel of industry experts who will provide pragmatic tips on file collaboration security and define the key operational and legal best practices needed to balance business needs with compliance mandates.
FinalCode, Inc., the innovator in enterprise file security for a connected world, today announced that COO Scott Gordon will moderate this expert panel.
Webcast Title: Follow that File – Tackling File Sharing Compliance Risks
Who: A distinguished panel of seasoned information security experts and practitioners:
- Ken Pfeil – former CISO of MFS Investments, Pioneer Investments and WestLB
- Lawrence Dietz – General Counsel at TAL Global Corp., former U.S. Army Colonel
- Don Maclean – Chief Cybersecurity Technologist at DLT Solutions
- Frank Cirino Jr. (CISSP) – Director of Information Security Practice at HCL Technologies
- Scott Gordon (CISSP) – Chief Operating Officer at FinalCode, Inc.
What: Attendees to the webcast will gain insights on:
- How to prioritize legal file data privacy and protection obligations
- How to avoid common file access and sharing control oversights
- When to involve which constituents when upgrading file security policies and controls
- What file security caveats exist in cloud-based file sharing platforms
- Where can file protection controls break down or become impractical
- How best to prepare for and respond to the imminent file data leakage incident
When: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 2 p.m. EDT
How: Register now at: http://www.finalcode.com/en/followthatfile
About FinalCode, Inc.
FinalCode delivers a file security platform that allows any business to persistently protect sensitive files wherever they go inside and outside of the organization. Available as a SaaS or virtual appliance, FinalCode makes securing file collaboration easy and cost-effective and in a way that works with popular applications, platforms and devices while preserving user experience and workflow. The solution applies strong encryption and granular usage control on demand or by corporate policy with the ability to remotely delete files. The company’s patented CryptoEase™ technology streamlines onboarding, encryption and administration, making deployment rapid and scalable. Headquartered in San Jose, California, FinalCode offers its solutions through its global network of authorized partners. Learn more at http://www.finalcode.com.
Tweet This: .@FinalCodeInc Joins Expert Panel for SC Vendor Webcast: Follow that File – Tackling #FileSharing #Compliance Risks http://bit.ly/1Zt0xYy
©2016 FinalCode, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. FinalCode, CryptoEase and the FinalCode logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of FinalCode. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
FinalCode media contact: Deb Montner Montner Tech PR 203-226-9290 email@example.com