The docuseries follows world-famous Lagasse as his award-winning friends and colleagues José Andrés, Mario Batali, Danny Bowien, Marcus Samuelsson, Aarón Sánchez and Nancy Silverton introduce him to the history, techniques and cooking traditions of their favorite locales across the globe
All six episodes of season one will premiere exclusively for Prime members in the U.S.
NEW YORK, June 16, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SQBG) today announced that Emeril Lagasse will star in Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, an Amazon Original Series, premiering on Prime Video on September 2 in the U.S. The series follows the ever-popular Emeril Lagasse (Emeril Live, Top Chef) and some of the world’s most celebrated chefs—Mario Batali (The Chew), José Andrés (Made in Spain), Nancy Silverton (Hell’s Kitchen), Marcus Samuelsson (Chopped), Aarón Sánchez (Chopped) and Danny Bowien—as they each join Emeril to embark on a global culinary journey to their favorite destinations. The six-episode season will premiere exclusively for Prime members via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at Amazon.com/originals. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
“This has been an incredible opportunity to travel the world and explore unbelievable destinations with some of my dearest friends and colleagues,” said Chef Emeril Lagasse. “I have learned so much on this journey and it’s been extremely inspiring to discover cultures and people through food.”
Each 30-minute episode of Eat the World takes viewers on a new adventure to a different country with Lagasse and one of his master chef friends. Throughout these exciting trips, Prime members will get to share these once-in-a-lifetime experiences along with their two intrepid guides. This season Emeril visits:
- China with Mario Batali—Emeril and his longtime friend Batali, the founder of restaurants including Babbo and Eataly, start off their journey with ravioli in New York City, and then head to China in search of the best soup dumpling in Shanghai
- Spain with José Andrés—Emeril arrives in his good friend and modernist chef Andrés’ hometown, Oviedo, to explore the roots of Modernist cuisine. Together they visit Ferran Adrià’s never before filmed and famed ElBulli Lab in Barcelona, in which Adrià is decoding the secrets of food.
- Italy with Nancy Silverton—Silverton, founder of LA’s Pizzeria Mozza and La Brea Bakery, brings Emeril to her second home to seek out what she thinks is the world’s best pizza, courtesy of Franco Pepe
- Sweden with Marcus Samuelsson—Samuelsson, who at 24 became the youngest chef ever to receive a three star restaurant review from The New York Times, brings Emeril to Sweden to experience New Nordic Cuisine, which incorporates new flavors into traditional Swedish food
- Cuba with Aarón Sánchez—Emeril and Sánchez, Chef-Partner of Johnny Sánchez restaurants and co-star of the Food Network series Chopped, head to Cuba to meet with leaders of the modern Cuban culinary world at the moment the country is on the brink of epicurean and economic change
- South Korea with Danny Bowien—Bowien, winner of the James Beard Award in 2013, has credited Emeril as a de facto mentor for years, and relishes the opportunity to travel with him to Korea to meet Jeong Kwan, a Zen Buddhist nun who’s been called “the Philosopher Chef” by The New York Times
Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse is produced and created by Ugly Brother Studios (House of Food, Startup U, Life or Debt), and executive produced by Tim and Mike Duffy, Emeril Lagasse and four-time Emmy winner Bill Pruitt (The Amazing Race, Deadliest Catch).
About Emeril Lagasse
Chef Emeril Lagasse is the chef/proprietor of 12 restaurants in New Orleans, Las Vegas, Orlando and Bethlehem, PA. As a national TV personality, he has hosted more than 2,000 shows on the Food Network, and is the food correspondent for ABC's "Good Morning America." Lagasse has appeared as a guest judge in four seasons of Bravo’s hit food series, “Top Chef,” was named a co-host for the tenth season of the “Rachael Ray Show,” and in January 2016, he entered his fourth season of “Emeril’s Florida” on the Cooking Channel. Lagasse is the best-selling author of 19 cookbooks, the latest, Essential Emeril: Favorite Recipes and Hard-Won Wisdom from My Life in the Kitchen, was released in October 2015. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts, nutrition, healthy eating, and important life skills. To date, the Foundation has donated more than $7 million to community organizations in New Orleans, Las Vegas and on the Gulf Coast. In December 2015, Sequential Brands Group, Inc. acquired the assets related to Emeril Lagasse’s media and merchandising business, including television programming, cookbooks, the Emerils.com website and his licensed kitchen and food products. For more information, visit: http://www.emerils.com.
About Sequential Brands Group, Inc.
Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:SQBG) owns, promotes, markets, and licenses a portfolio of consumer brands in the lifestyle, fashion, active, and home categories, which includes the Emeril Lagasse media and merchandising properties. Sequential seeks to ensure that its brands continue to thrive and grow by employing strong brand management, design and marketing teams. Sequential has licensed and intends to license its brands in a variety of consumer categories to retailers, wholesalers and distributors in the United States and around the world. For more information, please visit Sequential's website at: www.sequentialbrandsgroup.com. To inquire about licensing opportunities, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source:Sequential Brands Group