San Francisco, June 21, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global endocrine testing market is expected to reach USD 13.0 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.The growing geriatric population and persisting cases of illnesses, such as diabetes and obesity, are estimated to drive the market.
The target population for this industry is geriatric patients as they are highly prone to various chronic disorders. They have decreased immunity, are prone to age-related deformities, and are at a higher risk of developing complications. As per the WHO statistics on geriatric population, there would be a two-fold rise in the geriatric population; for example, in the U.S. by 2050, geriatric patient count of age 65 and above would be 83.7 million as compared to 43.1 million in 2012.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Endocrine Testing Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/endocrine-testing-market
Sedentary lifestyles of people with unhealthy food habits, and increasing stress levels resulted in an increase in the diabetic and obese population. This demographic is highly susceptible to endocrine diseases and is anticipated to contribute to industry growth substantially.
Technological advancements in terms of accuracy and affordability resulted in an increased usage of these tests. For instance, the influx of test kits, for home-based testing has fostered the demand for these techniques, helping the market to grow.
Request for free sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/endocrine-testing-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The thyroid stimulating hormone test segment held a lucrative share of over 25.0% in 2015 among test type segments.The increasing cases of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are anticipated to contribute to the growth.
- In the technology segment, the immunoassay technology segment shared the highest market share owing to the increased analysis of hormonal levels using Radioimmunoassay(RIA) and enzyme-linked assays
- The commercial laboratories in the end-use segment exhibited remunerative growth in 2015 and this can be attributed to the presence of sophisticated work environment, which yields faster and accurate diagnosis. Moreover, the dominance of private healthcare sector in developing nations contributed to the growth. For instance, in India, approximately 87.0% healthcare is privately financed. In 20 developing countries, their 40-70% GDP is utilized for out-of-pocket expenses in healthcare.
- On the other hand, the home-based test segment is anticipated to witness a lucrative growth over the forecast period. Convenience and affordability of home-based testing are anticipated to contribute to the growth. Additionally, as per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, since easy-to-use diagnostic kits have been introduced the rank of home-based tests is expected to increase, which in turn isfurther expected to support the lucrative growth rate.
- North America dominated the overall market with a revenue share of over 38.0% in 2015, owing to the presence of well-developed hospitals, reimbursement network, government funding, and the increasing health awareness among people
- However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region with a CAGR of about 9.0% over the forecast period.Economic developments and the advancing healthcare system with the aid of supportive government initiatives are anticipated to assist the growth.
- Key players of the industry include Abbott Laboratories, AB Sciex, Agilent Technologies, Biomedical Technologies, bioMérieuxSA, Bio-Rad Laboratories, DiaSorin, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., LabCorp, and Quest Technology.
- Most of these companies have been in the business for over a decade and are bringing in expertise and technological advancements that are helping them sustain themselves in the competition.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the endocrine testing market on the basis of test types, technology, end-use, and region.
Global Endocrine Testing Market By Test Types (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Estradiol(E2) test
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) test
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Hormone test
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Test
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) test
- Progesterone test
- Testosterone test
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) test
- Prolactin test
- Cortisol test
- Insulin test
Global Endocrine Testing Market By Technology (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Immunoassay Technology
- Monoclonal and Polyclonal Antibody Technology
- Sensors Technology
- Clinical Chemistry Technology
Global Endocrine Testing Market By End-use(Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Commercial Laboratories
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Home-based tests
- Other settings
Global Endocrine Testing Market By Region (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-endocrine-testing-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research