NASSAU, Bahamas, June 24, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Love is in the air as sixteen (16) couples prepare to have the wedding of a lifetime in The Islands Of The Bahamas, after being chosen as winners of The Bahamas 16 Weddings Invitation Competition.
The lucky Canadian couples will be a part of sixteen weddings on sixteen locations all transpiring simultaneously with one thing in common, their love. The weddings will take place on the alluring islands of Abaco, Andros, Bimini, Cat Island, Eleuthera, Exuma, Harbour Island, Grand Bahama, Inagua, Long Island, Nassau/Paradise Island and San Salvador. As the various hotels across The Bahamas host the lucky couples, the islands will all provide a distinctive cultural experience.
The unique multimedia contest invited engaged couples to select one of sixteen locations within The Islands Of The Bahamas as a backdrop for their dream wedding. They were encouraged to creatively incorporate something indigenous to the islands into their wedding ceremony using suggested Bahamas Ministry of Tourism wedding themes. All submissions required a photo and/or video of the couple along with a brief description of the their dream Bahamian wedding and why they chose the selected location.
The most creative entries were short-listed, and a group of twenty (20) semi-finalists were posted on www.bahamas16weddings.com for consumers to vote for the winning sixteen couples. The contest officially closed on June 10, 2016.
The 16 lucky couples that will exchange vows on November 16, 2016 at 1600 hours in The Islands Of The Bahamas are:
1. Dawn Saunders & Darryl Flowers, Pickering, Ontario – Eleuthera
2. Gorana Botic & Mark Held, Ottawa, Ontario - Abaco
3. Nicole Vogel & Michael D'Aoust, Sherwood, Alberta - Abaco
4. Krista Coward & Christophe McMahon, Mitchell, Ontario – Andros
5. Olivia Muc & Robert Surgeoner, Winnipeg, Manitoba – Bimini
6. Alycia Park & Ryan Yaremko, Stoney Creek, Ontario - Cat Island
7. Tessa Peterson & Matthew Boyko, Winnipeg, Manitoba – Eleuthera
8. Lana Newell & Mark Voisin, Bedford, Nova Scotia – Exuma
9. Kristen Cormier & Adam Morris, Burlington, Ontario - Grand Bahama Island
10. Jessyca Sylvestre & Jason Danyluk, Niagara Falls, Ontario - Grand Bahama Island
11. Megan Cull & Curtis McDonald, Cochrane, Alberta - Grand Bahama Island
12. Agnes Matubis & Travis Meldrum, Blackfalds, Alberta - Inagua
13. Maryse Bourgeois & Daniel Cormier, Grande-Digue, New Brunswick - Long Island
14. Debbie Thompson & David Carrington, Toronto, Ontario – Nassau/Paradise Island
15. Dayna Sawatzky & Tyler Pugh, Edmonton, Alberta – Nassau/Paradise Island
16. Katrine Martyn & Curtis Streeter, Pickering, Ontario - San Salvador
Paul Strachan, Sr. Director of The Bahamas Tourist Office in Canada believes that with this unique media campaign, The Bahamas has elevated its position as the number one destination for weddings and honeymoons in Canada.
"We're quite pleased with the results of the promotion so far, and with the use of various media channels, we've successfully delivered the message that The Islands Of The Bahamas is a premier, award-winning wedding and honeymoon destination, with multiple islands and multi options for all things romantic," Strachan said.
"We've just completed the contest phase of this promotion with a selection of 16 Canadian couples anxiously waiting to exchange vows in 16 exotic locations throughout the Islands of The Bahamas. With the ongoing efforts of this promotion; coupled with the groups which will travel with our winners to witness these weddings, we're very optimistic that we'll benefit from an increase in Canadian visitors within the romantic travel segment in the next 12-18 months."
Each couple will receive round-trip airfare to The Bahamas, hotel accommodations, meals, a wedding ceremony, cake, flowers, champagne, rehearsal dinner, a small reception, a videographer and a personal wedding coordinator to assist with planning their wedding.
About The Islands Of The Bahamas
The Islands Of The Bahamas have a place in the sun for everyone from Nassau and Paradise Island to Grand Bahama Island to The Abaco Islands, The Exuma Islands, Harbour Island, Long Island and others. Each island has its own personality and attractions for a variety of vacation styles with some of the world's best scuba diving, fishing, sailing, boating, as well as, shopping and dining. Visit www.Bahamas.com or Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
CONTACT: Anita Johnson-Patty firstname.lastname@example.org (800) 224-3681
Source:Bahamas Ministry of Tourism