San Francisco, June 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global omega 3 market is expected to reach USD 3.01 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumer demand for omega 3 owing to its benefits for physical as well as mental wellbeing is expected to propel growth over the forecast period.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Omega 3 Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/omega-3-market
Demand for omega 3 was highest in supplements & functional foods accounting for over 75% of the global volume share in 2014. Growing demand for functional foods as they help in reducing risk of heart diseases as well as promote optimal health is expected to drive demand for the ingredient over the forecast period. Increasing tendency of obesity, particularly among the younger generation, is likely to fuel demand for dietary supplements over the next few years.
Request for free sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/omega-3-market/request
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Omega 3 demand in infant formulas is expected to witness significant gains at a CAGR of 8.7%, in terms of volume, over the forecast period. Rising population of infants, particularly in Africa and Middle East, coupled with rising awareness among parents regarding nutrient gap is expected to propel demand for baby food with high nutrient content.
- Increasing awareness regarding the benefits of adding omega 3 to pet & animal food to improve their overall health as well as diary yield is expected to propel demand. Demand is expected to exceed 11.0 kilo tons by 2022.
- Pharmaceuticals & infant formulations are low volume and high value segments, together accounting for over 40% of the market revenue in 2014. Rising consumer awareness in Asia Pacific and Middle East regarding general wellbeing, increasing disposable income and ease of accessibility to healthcare facilities is expected to propel demand in the region over the next seven years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global market over the next few years owing to the rising consumption of omega 3 in the form of supplements & functional foods, pharmaceuticals as well as infant formulations. The region is expected to account for over 30% of the global volume share by 2022.
- The market is dominated by major participants including BASF, DSM, Pronova, Croda and Omega Protein. Other players include Aker BioMarine, EPAX, BioProcess Algae, Martek Biosciences, GC Rieber Oils, Lonza and Axellus. In October 2015, DSM launched a new line of high concentrate DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) products sourced from fish oil and a high concentrate docosahexaenoic acid from the vegetarian algal oil. The products contains 85% omega 3 to support cardiovascular and cognitive health. In June 2015, Croda introduced Incromega DHA which is ideal for cognitive health and has certification of EFSA (European Food Safety Authority).
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the omega 3 market on the basis of application and region:
Global Omega 3 Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Supplements & functional foods
- Infant formulas
- Pet & animal feed
Global Omega 3 Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-omega-3-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research