BOCA RATON, Fla., July 21, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ADT, a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses, is teaming up with local communities, neighborhood groups, municipalities and law enforcement agencies on August 2 to recognize and support National Night Out. The community-building campaign is designed to raise awareness for crime prevention and generate support for local anti-crime programs including police-community partnerships. Every summer, the initiative engages nearly 38 million people and more than 16,000 communities from all 50 states.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with National Night Out as we continue to extend our involvement in the communities we operate in,” said Jamie Haenggi, Chief Marketing Officer of ADT. “Each organization is committed to empowering families, civic organizations and law enforcement with the ability to collaborate in solving their neighborhood security needs. Our local teams look forward to playing a large part in the event, reinforcing our commitment to local families.”
As a proud sponsor of National Night Out, ADT team members will be participating in more than 500 local market events around the country alongside local leaders and law enforcement officials, working to educate communities on ways to protect and secure their homes and neighborhoods. With ADT Pulse®, homeowners can keep an eye on their families through real-time video alerts and notifications to their phone or tablet and 24/7 monitoring service in the event of an emergency or break-in.
NATW executive director, Matt Peskin said, “Continuing the partnership with ADT speaks to the overall goals of National Night Out, Encouraging collaboration between residents and local law enforcement is at the heart of everything we do, and ADT plays a similar role in aiding families and first responders alike. The responsibility for safe communities does not sit with any one party so it is a shared responsibility that we all play a part in.”
Leading up to the event, ADT offers the following tips to help keep everyone in their household and in the community aware, protected and secure:
- If possible, install a locked mailbox at your home and never put outgoing mail containing personal information in an unsecured out-box or in your mailbox for pick up.
- To help prevent tipping off burglars, if you plan to be away from home for an extended period of time, set your phone ringer to the lowest volume.
- Manage landscaping. The most basic measures, such as keeping shrubs trimmed so burglars cannot hide, or planting thorny bushes in front of windows often serve as deterrents for criminals.
- Never leave notes on your door for service people or visitors when you are not home. It’s a signal to burglars that the home is empty.
- Use home automation to your advantage. With the Mode feature from ADT Pulse®, you can place your house on vacation mode, allowing you to pre-program your lights, TVs and sound systems to turn on and off while you are away and give your house a “lived-in look”.
- Last, expect and prepare for the unexpected in your home. From carbon monoxide to house fire, be vigilant and use monitored security to protect yourself. Security is an easy decision when you realize that homes without an alarm system are three times more likely to be burglarized than homes with one!1
For more information on ADT home security solutions and how it can help protect families and communities, please visit www.adt.com/national-night-out.
ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse® interactive home and business solutions, and health services, meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to nearly seven million customers, and it employs approximately 17,000 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
1 Electronic Security Association