STAVANGER, Norway, July 27, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NOT FOR RELEASE IN OR INTO CANADA, JAPAN, AUSTRIA, POLAND, ESTONIA, ICELAND OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH THE RELEASE WOULD BE UNLAWFUL
Based on the authorisation granted by the annual general meeting 11 May 2016, the board of directors of Statoil ASA (OSE:STL, NYSE:STO) has on 26 July 2016 resolved to increase the share capital in connection with the payment of dividend for the first quarter 2016 on the following terms and conditions:
- The share capital is increased with an amount of minimum NOK 2.50 and maximum NOK 400,000,000. The new shares shall have a nominal value of NOK 2.50.
- Subscription price:
a) For shareholders on Oslo Stock Exchange (Oslo Børs) the subscription price is equal to the volume-weighted average share price on Oslo Stock Exchange of the last two trading days of the subscription period for the dividend issue, with a deduction for a discount of 5%. The subscription price may not be lower than NOK 50 or higher than NOK 500 per share.
b) For ADR-holders under the ADR program in the US, the subscription price is equal to the subscription price for the shareholders on Oslo Stock Exchange converted into USD based on an average of the Central Bank of Norway's USD exchange rate over the last two trading days of the subscription period. The subscription price may not be lower than USD 5 or higher than USD 50 per share.
- Only shareholders of Statoil as of the expiry of 9 August 2016, as registered in Statoil's shareholder register with the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (VPS) as of expiry of 11 August 2016, are entitled to subscribe for shares.
- The new shares may not be subscribed for by shareholders in jurisdictions in which an offer to subscribe would be unlawful for the relevant shareholder.
- Subscription of the new shares shall be carried out in accordance with the following:
a) Each of these shareholders can choose to receive their dividend wholly or partially in cash or newly issued shares and therefore are entitled to use in whole or in part the net dividends that the relevant shareholder is entitled to for the first quarter of 2016, to subscribe for shares in the company. The contribution will be settled by way of set-off against the subscribers' entitlement to net dividend from the company. Dividend in USD which shall be used as contribution shall be converted into NOK by using the same exchange rate between USD and NOK as set out under item 2 b) above. All subscriptions will be rounded down to the nearest whole number of shares. Any part of the net dividend not used to settle the subscribed shares, shall be paid in cash.
b) The Norwegian State has undertaken to participate in the dividend offer by using the part of its quarterly dividend to subscribe for the number of shares that is required to maintain its ownership interest of 67% in Statoil.
- Each shareholder will be allocated the number of shares equal to the amount each shareholder has subscribed for during the subscription period, cf. item 5 above, divided by the subscription price, cf. item 2 above. No fractional shares will be allocated.
- The subscription period shall commence at the latest on or about 29 August 2016. The subscription period shall be at least 10 business days. Subscription of shares shall take place electronically or on a designated subscription form within the expiry of the subscription period.
- ADR-holders under the ADR program in the US may make their election through Deutsche Bank as the depositary and receiving agent for the ADR program.
- The new shares give shareholders rights in the company, including the right to dividends, from the registration of the share capital increase in the Norwegian Register of Business Enterprises. At the same time, section 3 of the Articles of Association shall be amended to reflect the new share capital.
- The estimated costs for the share capital increase are NOK 5 million.
KPMG has prepared a statement according to the Norwegian Public Limited Liability Companies Act section 2-6 first and second paragraph, cf. section 10-2 third paragraph.
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements acc. to §5-12 vphl (Norwegian Securities Trading Act)
This announcement and the information contained herein does not constitute or form a part of, and should not be construed as, an offer for sale or subscription for or solicitation or invitation of any offer to subscribe for or purchase of dividend shares or any other securities of the Company and cannot be relied on for any investment contract or decision.
It may be unlawful to distribute this announcement in certain jurisdictions. This announcement is not for distribution in any jurisdiction in which prior registration or approval is required for that purpose. No steps have been taken or will be taken in any jurisdiction outside of Norway in which such steps would be required. No competent authority or any other regulatory body has passed upon the adequacy of this document or approved or disapproved the distribution of dividend shares outside of Norway. Any representation to the contrary may be a criminal offense.
CONTACT: Peter Hutton, SVP Investor Relations, mbl: +44 7881 918 792 Morten Sven Johannessen, VP Investor Relations USA, mbl +1 203 570 2524Source:Statoil