CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capital Bank Financial Corp. (Nasdaq:CBF) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Capital Bank Corporation, has completed the conversion of its debit card portfolio to Platinum Debit MasterCard-branded cards.
Platinum Debit MasterCard continues to deliver the same benefits Capital Bank cardholders had previously enjoyed, including:
- Zero liability for unauthorized transactions
- Unsurpassed worldwide acceptance everywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted, including ATMs
- Identity theft resolution services, including access to resources that will help restore stolen identities
- Alerts that provide early detection if personal information is being bought or sold online
- Emergency card replacement services
- Emergency cash advance services
Customers also receive the following new features:
- Price Protection, refunding the difference on most new purchases if it is advertised for less within the next 60 days
- Extended Warranty, doubling the original manufacturer's or store brand warranty for up to one year
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, ensuring the ability to return a product if the cardholder is dissatisfied within 60 days of purchase
As part of the relationship, MasterCard will become the exclusive payment processor of all Capital Bank debit and ATM transactions, enabling the Bank to continue to meet customer needs for innovative, simple, safe and smart payment solutions.
“We carefully studied the competitive landscape and were really impressed with the processing solutions of MasterCard Payment Transaction Services. We are excited to extend and build on our long-standing brand relationship with MasterCard. This new agreement will provide significant cost synergies, while enhancing functionality and security for customers,” said Zahid Afzal, Capital Bank’s Chief Technology and Operations Executive.
Capital Bank will also begin providing its customers with EMV chip debit cards as an additional layer of security for further peace of mind.
“The new Platinum Debit MasterCard represents convenience, service and value to all Capital Bank cardholders. The additional security layers provided by EMV chips also make the cards one of the safest available on the market today,” said Rich Rozbicki, senior vice president, North America Global Products and Solutions, MasterCard.
Capital Bank’s new alignment with MasterCard is yet another step the bank is taking to continue putting customers first, and an important part of its overall strategy to offer more benefits and better convenience for its customers.
For more information about Capital Bank’s products, visit www.capitalbank-us.com or call 1-800-639-5111.
About Capital Bank Financial Corp.
Capital Bank Financial Corp. is a bank holding company, formed in 2009 to create a premier regional banking franchise in the southeastern United States. CBF is the parent of Capital Bank Corporation, a State of North Carolina chartered financial institution with $7.5 billion in total assets as of March 31, 2016, and 151 full-service banking offices throughout Florida, North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. To learn more about Capital Bank Financial Corp., please visit www.capitalbank-us.com.
CONTACT: Kenneth A. Posner Chief of Strategic Planning and Investor Relations Phone: (212) 399-4020 Kposner@cbfcorp.com
Source:Capital Bank Financial Corp.