BOCA RATON, Fla., July 29, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vitacost.com, Inc., a leading online retailer of health and wellness products, announced the launch of a new, signature USDA Certified Organic tea line. The skillfully curated collection includes many innovative, exclusive blends, such as Chocolate Pu-erh, a fermented tea enhanced with decadent, organic dark chocolate, and Paradise Found, which delivers a fragrant bouquet of hibiscus, lavender and spearmint. Several teas were thoughtfully crafted for specific health concerns, offering time-tested, herbal support from Echinacea, ginger root, fenugreek seed and other botanicals. Combined with tea favorites such as soul-warming, cinnamon-spiced chai and bold English breakfast, the extensive collection contains 28 different blends and four variety packs to appeal to both the discerning tea drinker and beginner brewer.
In addition, the Company also launched the Vitacost Signature Organic Tea experience on its website, providing an easy and convenient way to compare and shop different varieties. Customers can find information on the teas’ quality and recommended brewing techniques, with tea accessories also available for purchase.
“We are excited to launch our new signature organic tea collection and are proud to offer these high quality products at a great value to customers,” stated Stacey Blicker, Senior Director Corporate Brands, Vitacost.com. “Although our teas were developed to target a broad group of customers, they are not mass produced. Tea leaves are carefully handled, as are the herbs, fruits and flowers used to flavor the different blends, with a human touch at every stage of the manufacturing process.”
To maintain the quality and purity of the tea from crop to cup, Vitacost has also taken the following measures:
- Top-tier sourcing: Vitacost sources its tea leaves from a select group of small gardens and tea estates from around the world, where many leaves are plucked by hand.
- Quality: To maintain the integrity of the finished product, the harvest is kept on site during the drying process.
- Careful handling: Once dried, tea leaves continue through the production process via small-batch blending. The smaller batches allow a human eye to evaluate the blends and catch any impurities before packaging.
- Thoughtful materials: The teas are packaged loose leaf or in biodegradable and fully compostable sachets made from Soilon, a fine mesh. The sachets also have a pyramid-shaped design, which allows the leaves to float freely when steeping to promote a more full-flavored brew.
- Organic certification: A 2015 survey of over 800 Vitacost.com shoppers confirmed that “organic” was an important attribute when considering a tea purchase. With the customer in mind, every tea under the new signature line is USDA Certified Organic.
In addition to the varieties mentioned above, the collection features a large selection of herbal teas, including exclusive-to-Vitacost teas such as Dandy Roast Organic Dandelion Herbal Tea, combining the power of wild flowers with a smooth balance of bitter and sweet. To please traditional palates, the collection offers the elegant flavor of Royal Earl Grey Organic Black Tea, which showcases a unique blend of bergamot oranges and black tea leaves. For a more balanced mix of traditional and exotic, Berry Green Organic Hibiscus-Strawberry Green Tea delivers a tart berry flavor and refreshing spearmint undertones, combining the benefits of green tea with the sweet flavor of fresh fruit. Variety packs offer customers a sampling of several blends that are similar in flavor, form or function, including the Vitacost Organic Dreamy Escape Relaxation Tea Sampler, featuring four different tea blends that are known to be soothing.
To shop the Vitacost signature organic tea collection or to get more information and brewing instructions, please visit http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-tea.
About Vitacost.com, Inc.
Vitacost.com, Inc. is an online retailer of health and wellness products, providing an award-winning experience to customers through its website, www.vitacost.com. Vitacost.com features affordable pricing, up to 50% off retail and speedy delivery on over 40,000 items, including dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals and herbs), hard-to-find specialty foods, organic body and personal care products, pet essentials and sports nutrition products. In addition, Vitacost.com strives to motivate, educate and inspire healthier living for customers by creating and curating thousands of helpful tips, expert articles and recipes woven throughout the shopping experience. Vitacost.com is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co.
Media Contact: Kathleen Reed Kathleen.email@example.com 561-893-8292