HOUSTON, Aug. 01, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transwestern’s Houston headquarters today announces it has raised more than $142,000 through various fundraising events held in its 34 offices nationwide, all of which will benefit the firm’s national philanthropy partner, Make-A-Wish®, in its efforts to grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
“Our team members highly value the opportunity to work with many different charitable organizations in the communities we serve,” said Transwestern President Americas Chip Clarke. “We are delighted our year-long partnership with Make-A-Wish has resonated in such a powerful way and look forward to building on this tremendous momentum to help Make-A-Wish create extraordinary experiences for many more children.”
In addition to a nationwide casual dress day where team members paid $5 to wear jeans to the office, Transwestern offices held a multitude of creative fundraising events, including:
- A raffle drive for a visitor-level parking spot in Dallas
- Partnering with Foodsby, which delivers food from local Dallas restaurants to office buildings
- A competition between Virginia team members to see whose neck tie inventory would last longer
- Happy hour in Miami featuring signature drinks, appetizers, a raffle and silent auction
- Happy hour in Denver with live music performed by one of Transwestern’s own team members
- Movie mixer in partnership with Transwestern Young Professionals in San Antonio
- “Taco Libre” in Austin, Texas, where team members competed in a taco taste competition
- Partnering with the 2016 Art and Wine Festival in Walnut Creek, California
- A stair climb in Houston, where 40 young professionals climbed 55 stories
- Various bake sales, lunches, exercise classes, bingo, star drives and more
Transwestern announced its national partnership with Make-A-Wish in February 2016 and plans to organize more fundraising events such as stair climbs and spin-a-thons, as well as participate in Walk For Wishes® events throughout the year. The partnership was developed by Transwestern’s Emerging Leaders Council, which comprises 22 of the firm’s up-and-coming professionals across all service lines and geographies.
To see photos from the fundraising events, go to http://twurls.com/make-a-wish-photos.
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm of collaborative entrepreneurs who deliver a higher level of personalized service – the Transwestern Experience. Specializing in Agency Leasing, Management, Tenant Advisory, Capital Markets, Research and Sustainability services, our fully integrated global enterprise adds value for investors, owners and occupiers of all commercial property types. We leverage market insights and operational expertise from members of the Transwestern family of companies specializing in development, real estate investment management and research. Transwestern has 34 U.S. offices and assists clients through more than 180 offices in 37 countries as part of a strategic alliance with BNP Paribas Real Estate. Experience Extraordinary at transwestern.com and @Transwestern.
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. According to a 2011 U.S. study of wish impact, most health professionals surveyed believe a wish-come-true has positive impacts on the health of children. Kids say wishes give them renewed strength to fight their illness, and their parents say these experiences help strengthen the entire family. Headquartered in Phoenix, Make-A-Wish is one of the world's leading children's charities, serving children in every community in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and more than 28,000 volunteers, Make-A-Wish grants a wish somewhere in the country every 35 minutes. It has granted more than 270,000 wishes since its inception in 1980; more than 14,800 in 2015 alone. Visit Make-A-Wish at www.wish.org to learn more.
Source:Transwestern Commercial Services, LLC