WILTON, Conn., Aug. 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) annual convention in San Antonio, Blue Buffalo Company (Nasdaq:BUFF) announced the launch of KS Kidney Support for Dogs and KM Kidney + Mobility Support for Cats. Formulated by Veterinarians and PhD Animal Nutritionists to help manage kidney disease, both new products feature:
- Controlled protein levels: Research has shown that reduced protein levels help control the clinical signs of uremia in dogs and cats.
- Controlled levels of phosphorus: Research has shown that decreased dietary phosphorous helps to limit the progression of kidney disease.
- Controlled levels of sodium: Feeding renal diets with decreased sodium has been associated with increased survival time.
“Blue Buffalo is proud to introduce another natural choice in nutritional therapy for pets with specific medical conditions,” said Bill Bishop, Founder and Chairman of Blue Buffalo. “Our new Kidney Support for dogs and Kidney + Mobility for cats are important additions to our line of veterinary-exclusive natural therapeutic diets.”
KS Kidney Support for Dogs and KM Kidney + Mobility for Cats are complete and balanced diets with high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. Both KS and KM formulas feature antioxidants to reduce oxidative stress, and L-carnitine to support healthy muscle maintenance and body condition. In addition, both KS and KM formulas are clinically proven to produce a Calcium Oxalate Relative Supersaturation of <3, and clinically proven to produce an average urine pH of 6.5 to 7.5.
In 2015, the company launched BLUE Natural Veterinary Diets, The Natural Alternative in Nutritional TherapyTM. The veterinary-exclusive product line, which covers more than 80% of pet health indications, includes the following formulas:
- BLUE HF Hydrolyzed Formulas offers veterinarians a natural alternative to ease the signs of food intolerance in dogs and cats. BLUE HF features high quality salmon hydrolysate as the first ingredient.
- BLUE GI Gastrointestinal Support Formula for Cats contains easily digestible ingredients, along with probiotics & prebiotic fibers to help maintain a healthy GI. The food has been clinically shown to improve stool quality and lower the fTLI and fPLI in cats.
- BLUE WU Weight Management + Urinary Care for Dogs and Cats (dry and wet) supports weight management and urinary health with one formula. The therapeutic food helps decrease body fat, maintain lean muscle mass during weight loss, and limit the formation of struvite and calcium oxalate uroliths for urinary health.
- BLUE GI Gastrointestinal Support Formula for DOGS (dry and wet) features natural, easily-digestible ingredients starting with real deboned chicken.
- BLUE GI Gastrointestinal Support Formula for CATS wet – A clinical study has shown that BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet GI improves stool quality in cats with chronic diarrhea.
“New KS for Dogs and KM for Cats are formulated to help manage kidney disease, and KM also provides mobility health benefits,” said Victoria Carmella, DVM, Director of Veterinary Services at Blue Buffalo. “BLUE Natural Veterinary Diets combine expertise in clinically-proven science for each therapeutic indication with our deep experience formulating natural pet foods preferred by many clients.”
All BLUE Natural Veterinary Diets start with real meat as the first ingredient with no chicken or poultry by-product meals. Similar to all BLUE products, the foods do not contain corn, wheat, soy, artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. BLUE Natural Veterinary Diets are gluten-free, which many clients prefer.
About Blue Buffalo Company
Blue Buffalo, based in Wilton, CT, is the nation's leading natural pet food company, and provides natural foods and treats for dogs and cats under its BLUE Life Protection Formula, BLUE Wilderness, BLUE Basics, BLUE Freedom and BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet lines. Blue Buffalo has a dedicated team of Veterinary Clinic Specialists and Technical Services Veterinarians across the country. For more information, veterinarians and clinic staff can visit www.BlueVetDiets.com.
Paying tribute to its founding mission, the company is a leading sponsor of pet cancer awareness and critical studies of pet cancer, health, treatment and nutrition at top veterinary medical schools across the United States. For more information about Blue Buffalo, visit the company’s website at www.BlueBuffalo.com.
Contact Phil Cheevers VP, Communications 203-665-3234 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc.