ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 8, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Land and Maritime Supplier Conference and Exposition will take place August 29 - September 1, 2016 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, OH. This event aligns with the Department of Defense's focus on Better Buying Power and increasing current and future capabilities for those on the frontlines of our national security and defense.
Breakout sessions will feature discussions on cost and pricing; cybersecurity; future requirements; small business training, knowledge and opportunities; and other topics that will assist those who have been working with DLA for years, as well as those looking to start a relationship with DLA.
The conference will feature remarks from decision-makers and leaders, including:
• Frank Kendall, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
• RADM Vincent Griffith, USN, Director, DLA Logistics Operations (J3), Defense Logistics Agency
• Claire Grady, Director, Defense Procurement Acquisition Policy
• VADM Thomas Rowden, USN, Commander, Naval Surface Forces, U.S. Pacific Fleet
• MG Clark LeMasters, USA, Commanding General, U.S. Army Tank Automotive Command Life Cycle Management Command
• BG David Bassett, USA, Program Executive Officer, Ground Combat Systems
• Ryan McDermott, Principal Director, Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy, Acquisition, Technology & Logistics
• Kenyata Wesley, Acting Director, Office of Small Business Programs, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition
"This year's conference will provide additional collaborative opportunities to improve and streamline acquisition cost saving actions and incentivize procurement practices through Better Buying Power initiatives and expanded industry partnerships," said James McClaugherty, acting DLA Land and Maritime commander. "We are pleased to co-sponsor this event alongside the National Defense Industrial Association. Our staffs have worked closely together over the past several months to make this a productive and successful week, and I look forward to hearing from the lineup of outstanding speakers, thought leaders, and executives we have scheduled to attend.
The entire list of speakers and agenda can be found on the NDIA website. The exhibit floor will feature the latest technology and logistics solutions. Please follow updates on Twitter using #DLASupplier.
Media planning to attend should contact Ashley Saunders.
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides trusted leadership through the convening and collaboration of global leaders to solve the most complex challenges in Defense and National Security. NDIA's membership embodies the full spectrum of corporate, government, academic and individual stakeholders who advocate for a strong, vigilant and innovative Security and Defense for the United States of America, its allies and partners.
CONTACT: Ashley Saunders email@example.com 703-247-2579
Source:National Defense Industrial Association(NDIA)