San Francisco, Aug. 11, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global in vivo CRO market is expected to reach USD 4.9 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Economic efficiency and focus on core competencies by pharmaceutical giants are anticipated to be the primary market promoters.
The use of Contract Research Organization (CRO) services helps manufacturers/ sponsors to provide complete attention on the production capacity and at enhancing their in-house processes.
The availability of the vast array of services from drug discovery to post-marketing surveillance has further simplified the work for mid-size and small-scale pharmaceutical and biotechnological organizations by providing them the option to outsource what they think is beyond their core expertise.
North America held a substantial share of 49.8% in the In-Vivo CRO market in 2015. This can be attributed to the presence of technologically advanced CROs present in this region. The U.S. has the highest per capita healthcare spending and availability of funding and grants from government organizations such as the National Institute of Health (NIH) fosters research activities.
For instance, approximately 47.0% of research funded by the NIH involves experimentation on animals, and in 2012, the NIH budgeted nearly USD 30.0 billion for R&D. The trend for reducing the R&D cost level is most common in major life sciences companies. Clinical trial sponsors are facing huge pressure owing to the increasing complexity in the research methodology to reduce time and cost.
Asia Pacific is projected to exhibit lucrative growth over the forecast period. The presence of untapped opportunities, constantly improving healthcare infrastructure, economic development, and huge patient base are some factors responsible for the rapid growth. This region also ranks on top in ease of doing business. Moreover, with the availability of qualified labor and other resources, Asia Pacific would be the key destination for In-Vivo CRO projects over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on “In Vivo CRO Market Analysis, by Type (Rodent, Non-Rodent), by Indication (Autoimmune/ Inflammatory Conditions, Pain Management, Oncology, CNS Conditions, Diabetes, Obesity), And Segment Forecasts To 2024” at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/in-vivo-cro-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- The rodent based In-Vivo CRO segment is likely to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. Mice and rat are the predominantly used animals for preclinical evaluation and together are expected to hold above 70.0% of the market share over the forecast period.
- North America dominated In-Vivo CRO market in 2015 with the major contributions from the U.S. Presence of ample funding in this region has boosted the research activities.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market owing to many developed countries investing in Asia Pacific regions and owing to the various amendments made by the regulatory market to change the clinical trials evaluation standards according to the global platform.
- Some key players are Quintiles, Charles River Laboratories, Covance, Parexel, ICON Plc.
- The In-Vivo CRO market has been segmented into autoimmune/inflammation conditions, pain management, oncology, CNS conditions, diabetes, obesity, and others. As of 2015, majority of the work is being done in the field of oncology, which contributes to about 28.0% of the market share. This share is attributed to the rising cases of cancer across the globe and the increasing focus of pharmaceutical players on introducing novel drug treatments with fewer side-effects.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented In-Vivo CRO market on the basis of types, indication, and region.
Global In-vivo CRO Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Rodent Based
- Guinea Pigs
- Non Rodent Based
Global In-vivo CRO Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pain Management
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Blood Cancer
- Solid Tumor
- Syngeneic model
- Patient derived xenograft
- CNS Conditions
- Parkinson's disease
- Huntington's disease
- Traumatic brain injury
- Muscle regeneration
In-Vivo CRO Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research