DALLAS, Aug. 17, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Associa, the industry's largest community management firm, donated more than $20,000 in July on behalf of its charitable organization, Associa Cares. These dollars, contributed by Associa employees, are part of a relief fund set up to benefit families across the country that are in need of assistance following a catastrophe at home such as a flood, fire or tornado.
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in July:
- Dallas, Texas - More than $5,000 provided to the families of fallen and injured Dallas police officers following the July 7 ambush. Those donations were made possible through Associa Home Office.
- Cary, North Carolina – $2,500 provided to a family that lost their home in a fire caused by a lightning strike. The donation was made possible through Associa HRW.
- Tucson, Arizona - $2,000 provided to a family that lost their home to a house fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Arizona.
- Wylie, Texas - $2,000 provided to a family whose home experienced extensive hail damage following a storm. The donation was made possible through Community Association Services of Indiana.
- Fuquay Varina, North Carolina – $2,000 provided to a family whose home suffered fire damage caused by a lightning strike. The donation was made possible through Associa HRW.
- Reston, Virginia - $1,500 provided to a family to help repair their home following a flood. The donation was made possible through Legum & Norman.
- Martinez, California - $1,500 provided to a homeowner displaced by a house fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Northern California.
- Kailua Kona, Hawaii - $1,500 provided to a condo owner following extensive water damage from a leak in an upper unit. The donation was made possible through Associa Hawaii.
- North Texas - $1,500 provided to a family whose home suffered fire damage caused by a lightning strike. The donation was made possible through Associa Home Office.
- Bluffton, South Carolina - $500 provided to families involved in a car accident that killed one child and injured others. The donations were made possible through Association Services, Inc.
"Thank you to all of the Associa branches that reached out to Associa Cares on behalf of these families in need during the month of July," said Associa Cares President Andrew Fortin. "I'm always moved by the level of care our employees show toward the residents we serve and communities worldwide."
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations raised from Associa employees and at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family that has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
CONTACT: Billy Rudolph 214-272-4107 email@example.com