San Francisco, Aug. 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global hyper-converged infrastructure market is estimated to reach USD 13.96 billion by 2024, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. Hyper-converged infrastructure is a software-based architecture that integrates storage, compute, virtualization, and networking resources in a box. The HCI systems are supported by a single vendor. They eliminate the need for making individual purchases of servers and virtualization software running on those servers and management tools, and do not require the installation of Storage-area Network (SAN) or Network-attached Storage (NAS). This integration, in turn, reduces the overall cost of the hyper-converged infrastructure system. The HCI market is still in its introductory stage and the adoption of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is anticipated to boost the industry growth over the next seven years.
The industry is expected to witness tremendous growth, owing to the increasing demand to enhance IT operational efficiency, reduce IT costs, and improve data protection. The demand for HCI is expected to increase in various verticals, such as BFSI, IT & telecom, healthcare, and government sectors, among others, considering its advantages over the traditional converged infrastructure.
The HCI market in North America is anticipated to show promising growth opportunities in the coming years due to the presence of a wide number of players across the U.S., such as Nutanix, Inc. (U.S.), Pivot3 (U.S.), Scale Computing, Inc. (U.S.), SimpliVity Corporation (U.S.), and VMware, Inc. (U.S.), among others. These market players offer HCI solutions majorly across the financial sector, government organizations, and IT & telecom, which forms the major segment of the overall hyper-converged infrastructure market. Moreover, in the recent months, about 40% large and 35% mid-tier organizations intend to shift from the traditional architecture to the hyper-converged infrastructure to attain simplicity of operations and cost savings.
Hyper-converged infrastructure is extensively used in the mid and large size enterprises for virtual desktop infrastructure projects, largely due to their ability to eradicate the complexity during implementation and issues regarding SAN-based storage solutions. It also reduces the overall cost in comparison with the traditional converged architecture. Different workloads run on these solutions and are varying with time. This varying workload within the industry is anticipated to diversify even further over the forecast period as organizations are focusing on expanding the use of HCI systems.
Small organizations prefer improving operational efficiency for the Remote Office/Branch Office (ROBO) IT service and also increasing the use of server virtualization. On the other hand, large enterprises are improving operational efficiency equally with improving backup and disaster recoveries. They also deploy private cloud infrastructure and cloud infrastructure service.HCI systems play a major role in achieving the required scenarios as they are powerful, rich in feature, and simple to operate with a low setup time in comparison to the traditional architectures. These benefits of hyper-converged infrastructure systems are anticipated to drive the demand across large, small, and medium enterprises over the forecast period. Also, the software-centric approach of the HCI systems enables them to meet the current and future business requirements without making any alteration to the existing infrastructure. This paves a way for increased level of adoption across a wide range of industries such as education, banking and finance, healthcare, and others. The cloud computing application segment in hyper-converged infrastructure is also gaining traction and is expected to have a positive impact on the market revenue.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) Market By Application (Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Data Protection, and Data Centre Consolidation), By End-Use (IT & Telecom, Finance, Government, Healthcare & Life Science, and Media & Entertainment), By Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW) Expected To Reach USD 13.96 Billion By 2024” at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hyper-converged-infrastructure-hci-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Virtualization is becoming popular among cost-sensitive customers and large & medium enterprises. The increasingadoption of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) on hyper-converged systems leads to the eradication of traditional complex and fragmented infrastructure management in the traditional three-tier based architecture, which is expected to drive the HCI virtualization application in the near future.The cloud-based solution offers benefits such as economies of scale, disaster recovery, effective monitoring of projects, and reduced technology infrastructure cost, which are also expected to foster the growth over the forecast period.
- Hyper-converged infrastructure is popular in the IT & telecom, financial services, and healthcare & life sciences segments. HCIsystems are also being adopted by the government sector and media & entertainment division. IT & telecom and financial services are the major application segments and together held a market share of over 50% in 2015.
- EMC Corporation (U.S.), Hewlett-Packard (U.S.), Dell Inc. (U.S.), Atlantis Computing, Inc. (U.S.), Cisco Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Fujitsu Ltd. (U.S.), Hitachi Data Systems (U.S.), NetApp, Inc. (U.S.), Nimboxx, Inc. (U.S.), Nutanix, Inc. (U.S.), Pivot3 (U.S.), Scale Computing, Inc. (U.S.), SimpliVity Corporation (U.S.), and VMware, Inc. (U.S.), among others are some of the major industry players in the hyper-converged infrastructure market
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the hyper-converged infrastructure market on the basis of application, end-use, and region:
Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Cloud Computing
- Data Center Consolidation
- Data Protection
Hyper-Converged Infrastructure End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- IT & Telecom
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Media & Entertainment
Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
Read Our Blogs – ni2014.org, grandviewresearch.com/blogs/semiconductors-and-electronics
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research