NASSAU, Fla., Aug. 23, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The countdown is on as sixteen (16) couples eagerly wait for their wedding day in paradise. With The Bahamas 16 Weddings three months away, couples are in the final stages of planning and finalizing the details of their special day.
The blissful Canadian couples will be a part of sixteen weddings in various locations all transpiring simultaneously with one thing in common, their love. The weddings will take place on the alluring islands of Abaco, Andros, Bimini, Cat Island, Eleuthera, Exuma, Harbour Island, Grand Bahama, Long Island, Nassau and Paradise Island.
While bride-to-be Dawn Saunders, from Pickering, Ontario is still in the midst of working out the final details of her wedding, she is still stunned by their good fortune. "I still can't believe we won our dream wedding and will be saying our vows at the most beautiful place I could imagine, I'm excited and it's surreal," Saunders said.
Dawn is also excited to share her special day with a cherished group of family and friends.
"I'm looking forward to having our intimate group of family and friends closest to us be there to witness our nuptials, it means so much to us," she said. "Of course, I can't wait to say 'I do' to the man of my dreams on 'the point' at The Cove, Eleuthera. It doesn't get more perfect than that."
The Bahamas 16 Weddings Invitation competition asked engaged couples to submit creative photos or videos that enhanced a theme wedding, designated by the Bahamas Ministry Of Tourism, by creatively incorporating something from a selected Bahamas island into their wedding.
The submissions were required to be supplemented with a brief story of their love and their reasons for wanting to marry in The Bahamas. The most creative entries were short-listed by the consumers by voting on social media and bahamas16weddings.com. The contest officially closed on June 10, 2016.
The 16 lucky couples that will exchange vows on November 16th in The Bahamas are:
1. Agnes Meldrum and Travis Matubis of Blackfalds, Alberta, exchanging vows on Exuma
2. Lauren Heximer & Nathan Medeiros of Hamilton, Ontario - Harbour Island
3. Krista Coward & Christophe McMahon of Mitchell, Ontario - Andros
4. Jessyca Sylvestre & Jason Danyluk of Windsor, Ontario - Grand Bahama Island
5. Nicole Vogel & Michael D'Aoust of Sherwood, Alberta - Abaco
6. Kristen Cormier & Adam Morris of Burlington, Ontario - Grand Bahama Island
7. Alycia Park & Ryan Yaremko of Stoney Creek, Ontario - Cat Island
8. Dawn Saunders & Darryl Flowers of Pickering, Ontario - Eleuthera
9. Katrine Martyn & Curtis Streeter of Pickering, Ontario - Nassau
10. Tiffany Jones & Nabil Badre of Edmonton, Alberta - Abaco
11. Debbie Thompson & Jason Carrington of Toronto, Ontario - Nassau
12. Lana Newell & Mark Voisin of Bedford, Nova Scotia - Exuma
13. Tara Noone & Mike Sylvester from Kitchener, Ontario - Long Island
14. Megan Cull & Curtis McDonald of Cochrane, Alberta - Grand Bahama Island
15. Olivia Muc & Robert Surgeoner of Winnipeg, Manitoba - Bimini
16. Dayna Sawatzky & Tyler Pugh of Edmonton, Alberta - Paradise Island
Each couple will receive round-trip airfare to The Bahamas, hotel accommodations, meals, a wedding ceremony, cake, flowers, champagne, rehearsal dinner, a small reception, a
videographer and a personal wedding coordinator to assist with planning their wedding.
About The Islands Of The Bahamas
The Islands Of The Bahamas have a place in the sun for everyone from Nassau and Paradise Island to Grand Bahama to The Abaco Islands, The Exuma Islands, Harbour Island, Long Island and others. Each island has its own personality and attractions for a variety of vacation styles with some of the world's best scuba diving, fishing, sailing, boating, as well as, shopping and dining. The destination offers an easily accessible tropical getaway and provides convenience for travelers with preclearance through U.S. customs and immigration, and the Bahamian dollar at par with the U.S. dollar. Do everything or do nothing, just remember It's Better in The Bahamas. For more information on travel packages, activities and accommodations, call 1-800-Bahamas or visit www.Bahamas.com. Look for The Bahamas on the web on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Photos accompanying this release are available at: