PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 31, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spark Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ONCE), a fully integrated gene therapy company seeking to transform the lives of patients with debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments, announced today that members of company management or key investigators will present at the following major investor and scientific/medical conferences in September:
Citibank’s 11th Annual Biotech Conference, at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Boston
- Jeffrey D. Marrazzo, chief executive officer, will participate in a panel discussion – Gene Therapy: A New Era – on Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 1 p.m. (EDT)
- Webcast of the presentation will be available on www.Sparktx.com/investors
Baird 2016 Global Healthcare Conference, at the New York Palace Hotel, New York City
- Stephen Webster, chief financial officer, will present on Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 4:55 p.m. (EDT)
16th Congress of the European Retina, Macula and Vitreous Society (EURETINA), at the Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Dr. Bart Leroy, director of the Ophthalmic Genetics and Retinal Degenerations clinics in the Division of Ophthalmology and Center for Cellular and Molecular Therapeutics at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, will give a presentation entitled “Phase 3 study of voretigene neparvovec in subjects with RPE65-mediated inherited retinal dystrophy” on Friday, Sept. 9, at 5:24 p.m. CEST
Company representatives also will attend the following conferences for one-on-one meetings:
- Goldman Sachs 6th Annual Biotech Symposium, at Goldman Sachs’ Offices, London, on Friday, Sept. 9
- Bank of America / Merrill Lynch (BAML) Global HC Conference 2016, at the BOA/ML Financial Centre, London, on Wednesday, Sept. 14
About Spark Therapeutics
Spark Therapeutics, a fully integrated gene therapy company, is seeking to transform the lives of patients with debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. Spark Therapeutics’ validated gene therapy platform is being applied to a range of clinical and preclinical programs addressing serious genetic diseases, including inherited retinal diseases, liver-associated diseases, such as hemophilia, and neurodegenerative diseases. Spark Therapeutics’ validated platform has successfully delivered gene therapies with proof-of-concept data in the eye and liver. Spark Therapeutics’ most advanced product candidate, voretigene neparvovec (formerly referred to as SPK-RPE65), which has received both breakthrough therapy and orphan product designations, reported positive top-line results from a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial for the treatment of a rare blinding condition. Spark Therapeutics’ hemophilia franchise has two lead assets: SPK-9001 in a Phase 1/2 trial for hemophilia B and SPK-8011, a preclinical candidate for hemophilia A. To learn more, please visit www.sparktx.com.
Spark Therapeutics Corporate Contacts Stephen W. Webster Chief Financial Officer Daniel Faga Chief Business Officer (855) SPARKTX (1-855-772-7589) Media Contact: Dan Quinn Ten Bridge Communications (781) 475-7974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Spark Therapeutics, Inc.