Mountain View, CA, Sept. 06, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Enterprises are now moving beyond basic API management to innovating business models and generating new revenue streams. WSO2 API Manager 2.0 adds significant new functionality that addresses the performance demands of enterprises’ high-traffic API-driven applications while strengthening API governance and creation. WSO2 will present five webinars on how IT professionals can use WSO2 API Manager 2.0 to gain insights on API usage, performance and anomalies, manage and scale API traffic, and visualize the full API lifecycle.
The API management webinar series will run September 7 – October 5, 2016. To learn more, visit: http://wso2.com/landing/api-management-webinar-series-2016.
September 7 - WSO2 Product Release Webinar: WSO2 API Manager 2.0
WSO2 API Manager 2.0 offers a host of new features and improvements to support API and application developers. This webinar will explore the features of WSO2 API Manager introduced with version 2.0, including:
- Enhanced real-time, batch and log analytics to provide greater insight into API usage, performance and anomalies
- New Traffic Manager featuring a dynamic throttling engine to manage and scale API traffic
- New rate limiting capabilities that allow API developers to shape traffic served by the API
- An enhanced user experience for the API publisher, developer portal and admin portal
- The ability to send notifications on new API versions
Jointly presenting will be Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 director of API architecture, and Nuwan Dias, an associate director and architect at WSO2. The session will be held on Wednesday, September 7, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PDT. To learn more, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2016/09/wso2-product-release-webinar-wso2-api-manager-2.0.
September 14 - WSO2 Guest Webinar: Designing and Developing a University API
Brigham Young University (BYU) has created a single, consistent API, which identifies the fundamental resources that make up the business of the university. This webinar will discuss
- BYU’s decision to implement a university API
- Important principles guiding the design, development, and deployment of the API
- How common problems have been addressed and the related issues of doing so
- Future goals for API management in the university API
Building on BYU’s real-world experiences, the session will also examine an enterprise integration reference model for the educational domain. Additionally, it will explore how to use APIs to integrate third-party systems and provision data to partners and partner systems. Finally, it will review the importance of identity and entitlement for an API-based ecosystem.
Jointly presenting will be Phil Windley, an enterprise architect at Brigham Young University, and Nuwan Bandara, an associate director and solutions architect at WSO2. The session will be held Wednesday, September 14, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. PDT. Visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2016/09/designing-and-developing-a-university-api to learn more.
September 21 - Incorporating New Throttling Features into Your Business
Rather than being limited to a handful of uniform policies, the new throttling engine in WSO2 API Manager 2.0 offers a rich set of features that allow quotas to be defined with a greater level of detail. This webinar will explore how these capabilities can be used to
- Throttle requests based on bandwidth.
- Write customer throttle policies based on the Siddhi SQL-like query language.
- Block API calls almost instantaneously to improve the reaction time of a system allowing quick action to be taken against malicious attacks.
Jointly presenting will be Amila De Silva, an associate technical lead at WSO2, and Harsha Kumara, a senior software engineer at WSO2. The webinar is being held Wednesday, September 21, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PDT. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2016/09/incorporating-new-throttling-features-into-your-business.
September 29 - Understanding How Your APIs are Being Traffic Controlled
Enterprises are now demanding full-scale API request rate limiting on a wide range of use cases. WSO2 API Manager’s API Gateway in version 2.0 meets these demands with the introduction of data bandwidth-based rate limiting, persistence of request/bandwidth counters, and a global Traffic Manager to handle traffic across the cluster, among other capabilities. This webinar will:
- Introduce the Traffic Manager profile in WSO2 API Manager 2.0.
- Examine how rate limiting policy deployment works.
- Explore interactions between the API Gateway and Traffic Manager.
- Discuss data bandwidth-based rate limiting and persisting counters.
- Demonstrate how to achieve high availability and scalability through these features.
Presenting the webinar will be Sanjeewa Malalgoda, WSO2 technical lead. It will be held Thursday, September 29, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PDT. To learn more, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2016/09/understanding-how-your-apis-are-being-traffic-controlled.
October 5 - Gaining Insights into Your API Ecosystem Through Analytics
In any API management solution, there are many critical scenarios where a user needs to be alerted as soon as possible to avoid an adverse situation. With version 2.0, WSO2 API Manager’s analytics offer enhanced real-time alert functionality. Additionally, its batch analytics have been extended to extract intelligence from WSO2 API Manager logs, visualize them online and drive operational insights from the WSO2 API Manager installation. This session will cover:
- An overview of WSO2 API Manager analytics
- How to setup real-time and batch analytics in WSO2 API Manager
- WSO2 API Manager’s real-time alert functionality
- Log analyzer reports for WSO2 API Manager
- A demonstration of WSO2 API Manager statistics, key alert functionality, live log viewer, and application and access token error investigation
Jointly presenting will be Miyuru Dayarathna, a senior technical lead at WSO2, and Nirmal Fernando, an associate technical lead at WSO2. This webinar will be held Wednesday, October 5, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PDT. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2016/10/gaining-insights-into-your-api-ecosystem-through-analytics.
WSO2 uniquely delivers on the promise of the connected business. It offers the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate, manage, secure and analyze their APIs, applications, and Web services—on-premises, in the cloud, on mobile devices, and across the Internet of Things. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust performance and governance for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Shifali Erasmus Kinetic.PR, LLC for WSO2 firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 650-544-6424