San Francisco, Sept. 07, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global wood adhesives market is expected to reach USD 19.31 billion by 2021, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Flooring & plywood and furniture applications are expected to be the key demand generating segments for the industry over the forecast period.
Extensive R&D activities to develop unique applications have led to the innovations such as cross-laminated timber (CLT). They are not only expected to transform building construction techniques but also offer ways in which wood can be used for structures where it was not previously considered as a suitable building material.
Urea formaldehyde was the most dominant product segment accounting for over 40% of the global volume in 2015. It is widely used in the production of wood-based panels and is gaining wide popularity owing to good performance and high reactivity.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Wood Adhesives Market Analysis By Product (Urea-Formaldehyde, Melamine Urea-Formaldehyde, Phenol-Formaldehyde, Isocyanates, Polyurethane, PVA, Soy-Based), By Application (Flooring & Plywood, Furniture, Doors & Windows, Housing Components) And Segment Forecasts To 2021” at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/wood-adhesives-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global wood adhesives market demand was 5,857.6 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to exceed 7,000 kilo tons by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2016 to 2021
- Flooring & plywood emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for over one-third of the overall volume in 2015. Product innovation in flooring is expected to remain a key driving factor for the segment’s growth.
- Consumer preference for customized furniture along with the rising adaption of contemporary designs is expected to positively impact the furniture industry, thereby driving growth
- Benefits such as easy usage, time efficiency, lightweight, aesthetics, and low prices are the major factors responsible for inclination towards wood adhesives as opposed to fastening & jointing techniques
- North America was the leading regional market accounting for 28.2% of global demand in 2015. The region is characterized by the increasing house sales in recent past along with increase in consumer spending for furnishing homes
- China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2016 to 2021. Increasing furniture production is expected to drive both exports and domestic consumption which further is expected to have a positive impact on wood adhesives demand.
- Key players operating in the global wood adhesives market include Henkel AG & Co., Wanhua Chemical Group, Dana Lim A/S, Lubrizol Corporation, Bostik, DSM and AkzoNobel
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the wood adhesives market on the basis of product,application and region:
Global Wood Adhesives Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2011 - 2021)
- Melamine Urea-Formaldehyde
Global Wood Adhesives Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2011 - 2021)
- Flooring & Plywood
- Doors & Windows
- Housing Components
Global Wood Adhesives Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2011 - 2021)
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of the World
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research