DALLAS, Sept. 9, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Associa, the industry's largest community management firm, records one of its largest monthly donation totals of the year giving to flood ravaged families in Louisiana and others around country in the month of August. Close to $90,000 was distributed by Associa Cares, an organization set up to benefit families across the country that are in need of assistance following a catastrophe at home such as a flood, fire or tornado.
Associa Cares dollars are contributed by employees and fundraising events. It relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in August:
• Louisiana - $50,000 provided to the families affected by major flooding encompassing more than 30 parishes throughout the state. Those donations were made possible through Associa Home Office.
• Houston, Texas – $28,000 provided to families affected by a large-scale multiple unit apartment fire. Those donations were made possible through Houston Community Management Services.
• Raleigh, North Carolina – $2,500 provided to a family whose home was completely destroyed by a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa HRW.
• Houston, Texas - $2,000 provided to a family whose home was damaged by a drunk driver. The donation was made possible through Principal Management Group of Houston.
• Boerne, Texas - $1,500 provided to a family whose home was damaged by a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Hill Country.
• Haxton, Colorado - $1,500 provided to a resident whose home sustained extensive hail damage. The donation was made possible through Colorado Association Services.
• Denham Springs, Louisiana - $1,500 provided to a family whose home suffered flood damage. The donation was made possible through Community Management Corporation.
• Spring, Texas - $1,000 provided to a family whose home suffered flood damage. The donation was made possible through Houston Community Management Services.
• Cary, North Carolina - $1000 provided to a family whose home suffered flood damage. The donation was made possible through Associa HRW.
"The flooding in Louisiana was devastating and we are proud to be able to donate to some of those families that are trying to get back on their feet," said Associa Cares Board Member Faith DeSmet. "I want to thank all of our employees who contribute to Associa Cares and help make efforts like this possible."
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations raised from Associa employees and at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family that has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: Billy Rudolph 214-272-4107 email@example.com