NEW YORK, Sept. 09, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq:MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for fixed-income securities, and the provider of market data and post-trade services for the global fixed-income markets, today announced that its thirteenth annual Emerging Market (EM) Charity Trading Day will be held on Wednesday, September 14, 2016. MarketAxess, in partnership with the Emerging Markets Traders Association (EMTA), will donate all EM transaction revenues from the trading day to emerging markets charities.
“We look forward to hosting our thirteenth annual EM Charity Trading Day. We are pleased to support our charity partners in their mission to improve quality of life for children and families around the world. MarketAxess now operates in over 25 emerging market countries, bringing together over 1,100 investor and dealer firms into one of the largest fixed-income marketplaces. We are extremely grateful for the participation of our trading network in our annual Charity Trading Day,” said Sandy White, Emerging Markets Product Manager at MarketAxess.
“MarketAxess is a longtime supporter of the emerging market industry charity initiatives, and their annual donation has helped our charity partners reach local and global communities to provide access to better healthcare and education. We thank MarketAxess for their generous efforts,” said Jonathan Murno, Managing Director at EMTA.
Each year, charities are selected as beneficiaries by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York and London. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- Children Change Colombia, which supports street children in Colombia, www.childrenchangecolombia.org;
- Children of Peru Foundation, which makes grants to organizations to provide better healthcare and education for disadvantaged children in Peru, www.childrenofperu.org;
- Care 2 Communities, which provides containerized maternal and child health clinics in Haiti and Namibia to provide long-term, sustainable health service www.care2communities.org;
- Cotlands, which provides support for children affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in South Africa, www.cotlands.org;
- EMpower, a grant-making foundation which connects the emerging markets community with innovative grassroots organizations enabling young people to lead healthy, productive lives, www.empowerweb.org;
- Facing the World, which provides life-changing craniofacial surgery to some of the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable children, www.facingtheworld.net;
- Health Poverty Action, which provides basic health care to rural communities around the globe, www.healthpovertyaction.org;
- The Miracle Foundation, which empowers orphans to reach their full potential by transforming the way orphanages are run worldwide, starting in India, www.miraclefoundation.org;
- Trickle Up, which helps the poorest women and most vulnerable people in India, Africa and Latin America graduate out of extreme poverty by building sustainable livelihoods and accessing financial services, www.trickleup.org; and
- World Connect, which invests in the community development projects of grassroots leaders in the Global South and in the process, connects Americans with opportunities to learn, engage, and give, www.worldconnect-us.org.
The total amount of this year’s donations will be announced at the annual London and New York benefits, which are scheduled for Friday, September 30, 2016, and Thursday, December 1, 2016, respectively.
MarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,100 institutional investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets and high-yield bonds, European bonds, U.S. agency bonds, municipal bonds, credit default swaps and other fixed-income securities. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products. Trax is the trading name of Xtrakter Ltd., a MarketAxess group company.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, São Paulo, Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
Founded in 1990, EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the orderly development of fair, efficient and transparent trading markets for emerging markets instruments, and the integration of the emerging markets into the global financial marketplace. For more information, please visit www.emta.org.
Source:MarketAxess Holdings Inc.