WILMINGTON, Del., Sept. 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC), a mobile technology research and development company, today announced that the company will feature its latest IoT innovations at the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC)’s Q3 member meeting and the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) IoT Workshop.
IIC’s Q3 member-only meeting will be comprised of working sessions and a collaborative forum with members of Plattform Industrie 4.0. It will be held in Heidelberg, Germany from September 19-22, 2016. The quarterly meetings offer a unique opportunity to engage, learn, collaborate and network with members across all industries. Ash Wheeler, Director, Business Development at InterDigital, will present at two sessions:
- On September 19th, Mr. Wheeler will provide Industrial IoT (IIoT) test-bed users with an overview of InterDigital’s oneMPOWER™/wot.io™ IoT platform, which offers a suite of horizontal services based on the oneM2M™ standard for managing multiple, inter-operable IIoT applications.
- On September 20th, Mr. Wheeler will outline some of the system life-cycle challenges in trialing an intelligent transport systems IIoT application. The challenges are based on the oneTRANSPORT initiative, which is implementing a data marketplace where local government and traffic management authorities can exchange data, facilitating the development of innovative travel management solutions, including a travel management application for the UK's Silverstone race track, where events such as the 3-day, Formula 1 Grand Prix are held annually.
The TIA IoT Workshop, sponsored by InterDigital, will explore a variety of current and near future IoT projects and applications through the lens of Big Data on September 21, 2016 at TIA Headquarters in Arlington, VA. Representatives from InterDigital will participate alongside other industry leaders in a number of panels:
- Jim Nolan, EVP, IoT Solutions, InterDigital, will join fellow industry leader Telit and founder of More-with-Mobile, Ken Figueredo, in a live video panel moderated by TIA NOW’s Abe Nejad to discuss the findings from TIA’s recent IoT Enterprise Survey and whitepaper.
- A panel titled, “oneM2M: A Standard for IoT and M2M Data Collection and Usage,” which will commence at 3:00 p.m. Eastern, features Arty Chandra, Senior Director, InterDigital IoT Solutions, on the history of oneM2M™ and its implementation through the oneTRANSPORT initiative.
- Ken Figueredo, IoT Strategy Industry Advisor to InterDigital, will join Gordon Gao, Associate Professor and Co-Director of CHIDS, University of Maryland; David Helms, Chief Technology Officer, Radius Networks; and Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Chief Commercial Officer, The Wireless Registry; for a panel titled, “Actionable Data Revolutionizing Business and the Bottom Line,” at 3:45 p.m. Eastern.
To learn more or to register for the TIA IoT Workshop, please click here.
InterDigital develops mobile technologies that are at the core of devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc. oneMPOWER and wot.io are trademarks of InterDigital, Inc.
oneM2M is a trademark of the Partners Type 1 of oneM2M.
For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com.
InterDigital Contact: Patrick Van de Wille Email: email@example.com +1 (858) 210-4814