FREMONT, Calif., Sept. 20, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Electronics For Imaging, Inc. (Nasdaq:EFII) announced today the launch of a new EFI™ Fiery® digital front end (DFE) for the Kyocera® TASKalfa® MFP lineup targeted to busy office workgroups.
“Kyocera’s TASKalfa MFPs help streamline workflow while delivering exceptional color and image quality for the office environment,” said Douglas Cole, Director of Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing Division for KYOCERA Document Solutions America. “We are pleased to work with EFI to offer a wider range of options to meet our customers’ expanding printing needs.”
The new Fiery Printing System 15 for Kyocera TASKalfa MFPs offers great color and image quality, along with optional tools for automated job submission. Customers can expand their capabilities for personalized printing using the integrated variable data printing (VDP) capabilities of Fiery FreeForm™. Optional Fiery Hot Folder and Virtual Printer features can reduce errors and automate repetitive tasks for all office workers.
Users can print with confidence and ease without expert knowledge, while achieving:
- Impressive performance: The new Fiery DFE comes with Fiery SmartRIP technology, which quickly and easily processes even complex, content- and image-rich files by intelligently streamlining the processing of queued jobs. This gives users the performance and speed to process and produce professional-looking booklets, brochures, manuals, and flyers in-house and on demand, at a fraction of the cost to outsource.
- Superior color quality: The Fiery Printing System delivers high-quality color and images right out of the box, and offers tools to achieve even more advanced color quality. Companies can use Fiery Spot-On™ for color-critical jobs to ensure brand colors are reproduced correctly and to achieve the best match for PANTONE® colors.
- Easy-to-use desktop printing: The Fiery DFE is certified for Fiery VUE, a visual, interactive desktop printing application to easily create professional-looking print materials such as booklets, sales guides, and manuals in a few clicks. Fiery VUE provides an instant 3D preview of the finished product. It can be used for producing professionally finished documents on-demand without the cost and long lead times of outsourcing. Customers can download Fiery VUE for free at www.efi.com/fieryvue.
- Booklets with just a few clicks: Fiery Booklet Maker is a driver-based imposition tool that allows users to print multiple pages of a print job from any application in a booklet style without the need for more advanced imposition programs. Users can intuitively navigate and select the appropriate booklet type and options for the job through a wizard-type workflow.
- Extended job processing capabilities: The optional Fiery Productivity Package offers a set of tools that enable last-minute image corrections, advanced queue management functionality, and automated job submission and preparation.
“Based on the latest FS200 system software, this new Fiery DFE gives office users improved performance capabilities with speed enhancements, easy-to-use applications to produce professional-looking print materials, and the ability to save time and money by keeping jobs in-house with tools to automate job submission and enable last-minute image corrections,” said John Henze, vice president, Fiery marketing, EFI.
Supported Kyocera MFPs include:
- TASKalfa 6052ci
- TASKalfa 5052ci
- TASKalfa 4052ci
- TASKalfa 3552ci
- TASKalfa 3252ci.
EFI™ is a global technology company, based in Silicon Valley, and is leading the worldwide transformation from analog to digital imaging. We are passionate about fueling customer success with products that increase competitiveness and boost productivity. To do that, we develop breakthrough technologies for the manufacturing of signage, packaging, textiles, ceramic tiles, and personalized documents, with a wide range of printers, inks, digital front ends, and a comprehensive business and production workflow suite that transforms and streamlines the entire production process. (www.efi.com)
Follow EFI Online:
Follow us on Twitter: @EFIPrint
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EFI.Digital.Print.Technology
View us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/EFIDigitalPrintTech
ABOUT KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AMERICA
KYOCERA Document Solutions America, Inc. (www.usa.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com), headquartered in Fairfield, N.J., is a leading provider of computer-connectable document imaging and document management systems, including network-ready digital MFPs/printers, laser printers, color MFPs/printers, digital laser facsimiles, and multifunctional and wide format imaging solutions. KYOCERA Document Solutions America is a group company of KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., a core company of the KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components.
KYOCERA Document Solutions America, the first document solutions company with third-party certified sales data, has received numerous honors for its products’ high performance, reliability and cost efficiency. KYOCERA Corporation's consolidated net revenues exceeded $13.32 billion for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2016.
NOTE TO EDITORS: The EFI logo and Fiery are registered trademarks of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. EFI, Fiery Driven, FreeForm and Spot-On are trademarks of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries.
Kyocera and TASKalfa are registered trademarks of the KYOCERA companies. PANTONE is a registered trademark and the property of Pantone LLC. All other terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, and are hereby acknowledged.
Nothing herein should be construed as a warranty in addition to the express warranty statements provided with EFI products and services.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, that are statements other than statements of historical fact including words such as “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect”, “consider”, “plan” and similar, any statements related to strategies or objectives of management for future operations, products, development, performance, any statements of assumptions or underlying any of the foregoing and any statements in the future tense. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual or future results to differ materially. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with EFI’s businesses, please refer to the risk factors section in the Company’s SEC filings, including, but not limited to, its annual report on Form 10-K and its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. EFI undertakes no obligation to update information contained herein, including forward-looking statements.
Source:Electronics For Imaging, Inc.