ATLANTA, Sept. 20, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE:MWA) received the 2016 Best Smart Water Solution award at the third annual Smart Water Summit in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, the Company announced today. This is the second time Mueller Water Products has won this award, which recognizes innovative solutions to help utilities implement smart technology in water distribution systems. The Company was recognized for smart technology solutions offered through its Mueller Co., Mueller Systems and Echologics brands.
Sponsored by Smart Grid Summits, the invitation-only boardroom event offers participating providers of smart water solutions access to the executive leadership of North America's public, rural and municipal water utilities.
Almost 40 participating smart water technology providers competed for the award, which was voted on by 100 utility executives representing some of the most progressive water utilities in North America.
Mueller Water Products received the award for its expanding suite of Intelligent Water Technology™ solutions, a group of data-driven products and services to help utilities actively diagnose, monitor and control the delivery of safe, clean drinking water. This portfolio includes:
- Continuous fixed leak detection monitoring for both transmission and distribution water mains that can identify leaks before they become catastrophic main breaks;
- A migratable advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) system that enables water utilities to migrate from an automated meter reading solution to an AMI system without changing the communications infrastructure;
- A remote disconnect meter that enables a utility to manage water service from the office rather than in the field;
- Remote Pressure Monitoring, which provides continuous monitoring of pressure throughout potable water distribution systems;
- Automated flushing, which helps utilities monitor a variety of water quality conditions, including chlorine residuals, temperature and turbidity, and remotely flush when user-defined limits are reached.
"This recognition is significant because it comes directly from the utilities our solutions are designed to help,” said Gregory E. Hyland, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Mueller Water Products. "Providing utilities with actionable data about their water systems enables them to make informed decisions about where to invest capital and how to improve service to their customers.”
About Mueller Water Products
Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE:MWA) is a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America. Our broad product and service portfolio includes engineered valves, fire hydrants, metering products and systems, leak detection and pipe condition assessment. We help municipalities increase operational efficiencies, improve customer service and prioritize capital spending, demonstrating why Mueller Water Products is Where Intelligence Meets Infrastructure®. The piping component systems produced by Anvil help build connections that last in commercial, industrial and oil & gas applications. Visit us at www.muellerwaterproducts.com.
Investor Contact: Martie Edmunds Zakas Sr. Vice President – Strategy, Corporate Development & Communications 770-206-4237 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact: John Pensec Sr. Director - Corporate Communications & Public Affairs 770-206-4240 email@example.com
Source:Mueller Water Products, Inc.