Redwood City, Calif., Sept. 21, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Business is looking for insight from the four V’s of big data – volume, variety, velocity and veracity. However, data analysts still battle to find and harness all types of data across the enterprise. Current approaches of hand coding and code generation tools struggle to discover relationships between datasets, and stress over the risk of inconsistent, incomplete and stale data. The result is an unmanageable data swamp and the typical response is to pile on multiple point products and labor-intensive, manual processes to integrate, govern and secure the data in the data lake. What’s needed is a pristine and intelligent data lake. Now, Informatica®, the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, offers business and IT a comprehensive, self-service approach that dramatically shortens the time to value with cloud ready data lakes out-of-the-box.
Today, Informatica announced it is expanding its Data Lake Management solution to strengthen and deepen the only single, integrated and out-of-the-box solution for turning big data into business value. Unlike fragmented point solutions, Informatica’s solution enables data analysts of all kinds to easily find, prepare, govern and protect data of any size and velocity to more efficiently and confidently drive business value from Hadoop-based data lakes.
Informatica Data Lake Management now includes the following innovations brought together with a single metadata driven platform:
- Informatica Enterprise Information Catalog enables business users to quickly discover and understand all enterprise data using intelligent self-service tools powered by machine learning and AI.
- Informatica Intelligent Streaming helps organizations more efficiently capture and process big data (machine, social media feeds, website click stream, etc.) and real-time events to gain timely insight for business initiatives, such as IoT, marketing and fraud detection.
- Informatica Blaze dramatically increases Hadoop processing performance with intelligent data pipelining, job partitioning, job recovery and scaling powered by a unique cluster aware data processing engine integrated with YARN.
- Informatica Secure@Source® reduces the risk of proliferation of sensitive and private data with enhanced monitoring and alerting of sensitive data based on both risk conditions and user access/activity.
- Informatica Big Data Management™ is easily and rapidly deployed in the cloud with the click of a button through the Microsoft Azure Marketplace to integrate, govern, and secure big data at scale in Hadoop.
- Informatica Cloud Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store Connector helps customers achieve faster business insights by providing self-service connectivity to integrate and synchronize diverse data sets into Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store.
Available by end of year, Informatica’s latest innovations integrate seamlessly with existing Informatica Data Lake Management components, which include Informatica Big Data Management, Informatica Intelligent Data Lake™, Informatica Big Data Integration Hub, Informatica Big Data Relationship Management™, Informatica Data Masking and Informatica Secure@Source.
Informatica will demonstrate business data lakes powered by Informatica’s Data Lake Management out-of-the-box solution at the Informatica booth (#445) at Strata + Hadoop World, September 27-29, 2016, at the Javits Center, New York City, NY. These demos will show how to proactively address business challenges and opportunities. For example, the Fraud Data Lake identifies and prevents fraudulent activity in financial services and insurance firms and the Marketing Data Lake helps improve campaign effectiveness in marketing organizations.
- “Ease of use and a delightful user experience along with robust governance and metadata capabilities are critical for getting business value out of data lakes. Without these capabilities, data lakes easily swallow up data analysts’ time, creating excessive manual effort and delivering a diminishing return,” said Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “Informatica Data Lake Management is the only comprehensive solution in the market for efficiently ingesting, finding, preparing, governing and protecting data in Hadoop-based data lakes. We are committed to delivering new innovations to enable more enterprises to get business value from data lakes, with newer out-of-the-box data lakes and additional big data management innovations to further accelerate the delivery of trusted, fit-for-purpose data to users across the enterprise.”
- According to Guido De Simoni and Roxane Edjlali, research directors, Gartner, in “Exploit Metadata to Maximize Information Value,” published March 15, 2016, “Metadata is the key to cataloging, identifying and evaluating the organization's information assets and how they are managed. Thus, enterprise metadata management — linking the multiple stand-alone metadata used to support each data and analytics program (such as business intelligence [BI], advanced analytics, application integration and master data management) — becomes a required discipline. Failure to recognize this will lead to sustained siloed behavior and loss of business value.”
- “As a highly trusted provider of banking services, US Bank is committed to a data-driven approach for protecting our consumers from suspicious behavior and complying with anti-money laundering regulations,” said Rakesh Kant, Head of Enterprise Data Management and Analytics, US Bank. “As a very early adopter of Informatica’s data lake capabilities for fraud detection, US Bank was able to rapidly transition mainframe based processes to Hadoop, while continuing to ensure compliance with audit and security requirements. Informatica’s data lake management innovations support our ability to detect fraud comprehensively and maintain AML compliance.”
Tweet this: News: @Informatica delivers industry’s first out-of-the-box data lake management solution http://infa.media/pr160921a
Informatica is 100 percent focused on data because the world runs on data. Organizations need business solutions around data for the cloud, big data, real-time and streaming. Informatica is the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, in the cloud, on-premise or in a hybrid environment. More than 7,000 organizations around the world turn to Informatica for data solutions that power their businesses. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at https://linkedin.com/company/informatica, https://twitter.com/Informatica and https://facebook.com/InformaticaLLC.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Big Data Management, Intelligent Data Lake, Informatica Big Data Relationship Management and Secure@Source are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
The information provided herein is subject to change without notice. In addition, the development, release and timing of any product or functionality described today remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision, nor as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future.