ATLANTA, Sept. 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Concurrent (NASDAQ:CCUR), a global provider of high-performance Linux® and storage solutions, today announced it will showcase premium 4K over-the-top (OTT) video services powered by its Aquari™ software-defined storage and UpShift™ unified content delivery solutions at SCTE’s Cable-Tec Expo in Philadelphia on September 27-29, 2016.
“Concurrent is making set-top boxes obsolete by delivering a full-featured 4K Ultra HD TV viewing experience, one that includes live streaming, video-on-demand and cloud-based digital video recording, directly to consumer-owned devices via the Internet”, said James Brickmeier, CMO and GM of Concurrent’s Content Delivery Solutions business. “Our OTT solution increases the number of outlets service providers can address, enables them to activate new customers instantly, and reduces the cost associated with activating a new revenue generating account.”
The company will be highlighting the following products:
- Aquari Software-Defined Storage
- Concurrent’s software-defined, open-source, scale-out storage technology includes exabyte scaling, support for multiple workloads, and RAID-free self-healing data protection, making it ideal for high capacity VOD and cloud-based digital video recording (CDVR) applications. Six of the top 25 service providers in North America and several operators in Europe are now using Aquari to power their next-generation video services.
- UpShift Content Delivery Solutions
- Upshift, the world’s leading unified content delivery network (CDN) solution, now features support for virtual reality and 4K Ultra HD content to help drive additional stream demand and create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Concurrent’s new 100% software-based transcoding solution supports both live and file-based workflows and is pre-integrated with UpShift CDN, making it easier than ever to launch multi-screen OTT and CDVR services.
Concurrent will meet Cable-Tec Expo attendees at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, booth 1429.
Concurrent (NASDAQ:CCUR) is a global software and solutions company that develops advanced applications on a core foundation of high performance Linux and storage technologies. We serve industries and customers that demand uncompromising performance, reliability and flexibility to gain a competitive edge, drive meaningful growth and confidently deliver best-in-class solutions that enrich the lives of millions of people around the world every day. Offices are located in North America, Europe and Asia. Visit www.concurrent.com for further information and follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Concurrent_CCUR.
Certain statements made or incorporated by reference in this release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Statements regarding future events and developments and the company's future performance, including, but not limited to, management's expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections relating to the future, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of these laws. All forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events to differ materially from those projected.
Other important risk factors are discussed in Concurrent's Form 10-K filed August 30, 2016 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), and in subsequent filings of periodic reports with the SEC. The risk factors discussed in the Form 10-K and subsequently filed periodic reports under the heading "Risk Factors" are specifically incorporated by reference in this press release. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and speak only as of the date of such statements. Concurrent undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of future events, new information, or otherwise.
Concurrent Computer Corporation and its logo are registered trademarks of Concurrent. All Concurrent product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Concurrent while all other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, contact: Media Relations: Tom Williams Phone: (678) 258-4059 Email: Tom.Williams@concurrent.com Investor Relations: ICR Seth Potter Phone: (646) 277-1230 Email: Seth.Potter@icrinc.com
Source:Concurrent Computer Corporation