NICE, France, Sept. 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The inaugural EDHEC-Risk Smart Beta Day Europe, organised by EDHEC-Risk Institute in partnership with ERI Scientific Beta, will take place at The Amstel Intercontinental in Amsterdam on October 13, 2016. The one-day conference will showcase the latest conceptual advances and research results in smart beta investing.
The conference will include multiple plenary sessions allowing professionals to review major industry challenges, explore state-of-the-art investment techniques and benchmark practices to research advances.
The sessions will address the following themes:
- Beyond low volatility and minimum volatility strategies, reconciling multi-factor diversification and defensive solutions
- Smart beta investing: what can we learn from academic research?
- Does smart beta deliver what it promises? Live performance and robustness of smart beta strategies
- Smart beta and low carbon investing: when reconciling performance and stringent environmental constraints becomes possible
- Is factor crowding a real issue?
- All value indices are not created equal: why, in the last few years, have some value indices outperformed the market?
- Factor investing and emerging markets: does it work?
A round table on how investors implement their smart beta strategies will conclude the conference. Moderated by Daniel Ben-Ami, Deputy Editor, IPE, this round table will feature the participation of Jordan Berger, MD, Strategic Relationships & Portfolio Intelligence, OPTrust; Preben Bertelsen, Senior Portfolio Manager, Danske Capital; and Renato Zaffuto, Head of Equity, Fideuram.
The event is structured to appeal to asset owners and their direct investment consultants and financial advisors.
As part of its policy of transferring know-how to the industry, EDHEC-Risk Institute has set up ERI Scientific Beta. ERI Scientific Beta is an original initiative which aims to favour the adoption of the latest advances in smart beta design and implementation by the whole investment industry. Its academic origin provides the foundation for its strategy: offer, in the best economic conditions possible, the smart beta solutions that are most proven scientifically with full transparency of both the methods and the associated risks.
ERI Scientific Beta, 1 George Street, #07-02, Singapore 049145. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.scientificbeta.com.