DETROIT, Oct. 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) announces its expansion of the industry’s leading family of automotive motor control microcontrollers (MCUs), and introduces a broad portfolio of hardware, software and integrated motor control solutions designed to dramatically speed time to market. Using NXP’s new integrated solutions, a fully functioning motor system can be up and running in only 10 minutes, thereby radically simplifying system development and shortening design cycles.
According to IHS Markit Technologies, approximately three billion electric motors for automotive applications will be shipped this year, with the vast majority being DC and brushless DC motors.*
NXP’s new MagniV solutions are single-chip, high-voltage MCUs housing the power supply, physical communication layer (PHY) and application-specific drivers. The solutions also feature advanced development tool enablement technologies such as the Motor Control Development Toolbox, MCAT and FreeMASTER for shorter tuning and debug cycles. And for even faster time to market, NXP now supports all MagniV devices with the Automotive Math and Motor Control Library (AMMCLib), as well as application-specific development kits which serve as hardware and software reference implementations. The result is a robust enablement platform for the rapid development of compact and highly efficient automotive motor systems.
NXP’s addition of 17 new MagniV MCUs more than doubles the size of the popular portfolio for the control of a wide array of automotive systems and motor applications. Like all MagniV MCUs, these new additions share a common platform for streamlined development and optimized hardware and software reuse.
“The continued electrification of vehicles is driving significant growth for electric motors controlling a wide array of automotive systems including fluid pumps, cooling fans, and more,” said Manuel Alves, vice president and general manager, General Purpose and Integrated Solutions for NXP’s Automotive Microcontroller and Processors Business Line. “NXP’s newest MagniV MCUs are engineered to radically reduce the complexity and time associated with software development, essentially demystifying complex motor control for automotive systems designers across the globe.”
Product and Technical Details
NXP’s new offerings for automotive motor control applications include:
- Additions to the S12ZVM MCU family now ranging from 16KB to 256KB embedded flash, and featuring new options with onboard physical layer for CAN or High Voltage PWM (HV-PWM), while adding more LIN versions for reuse of software and hardware across applications such as pumps and fans, and across different carmaker platforms and multiple communication protocols. The new S12ZVMA and S12ZVMB members address a variety of uni-, and respectively bi-directional DC motor applications driven by MOSFETs.
- The S12VR MCU family, which adds new, cost-effective 32-pin versions featuring 16KB to 32KB embedded flash, and targets entry-level, anti-pinch window lift and sunroof applications in China and other fast-growing markets.
- The highly optimized and production ready AMMCLib, which is free of charge for evaluation and development. Production license fees have been reduced by 50 percent and are applicable across the NXP Automotive portfolio, including S12 MagniV, S32K and MPC56xx/57xx MCUs.
- New advanced motor control algorithms in the AMMCLib to support PMSM sensor-less operations in both single and dual-shunt configuration for current sensing.
- The Motor Control Development Toolbox for model-based software development, as well as the FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool which now support MagniV MCUs and are offered free of charge across the NXP Automotive portfolio.
- A new level of robustness: depending on package options these new products support full automotive qualification according to AEC-Q100 Grade 0 for operation in harsh environments up to 150°C ambient temperature. Additionally, all new MagniV products have been developed according to the stringent ISO26262 standard and come with a guide to accelerate compliance to functional safety requirements.
The full collection of new S12ZVM and S12VR products are available now at www.nxp.com/MagniV. The new S12ZVMA and S12ZVMB MCUs are sampling now at alpha customers, and planned for production in 2017. The new products are part of the NXP Product Longevity program, which ensures assured supply for a minimum of 15 years. For Terms and Conditions, and to obtain a list of available products, visit www.nxp.com/ProductLongevity
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has 44,000 employees in more than 35 countries and posted revenue of $6.1 billion in 2015. Find out more at www.nxp.com.
NXP, the NXP logo and MagniV are trademarks of NXP B.V. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © 2016 NXP B.V.
*Information based on IHS Markit Technology Electric Motors for Automotive Applications Report, 2015. Information is not an endorsement of NXP Semiconductors. Any reliance on these results is at the third party's own risk. Visit www.technology.ihs.com for more details.
|Europe & The Americas||Greater China / Asia|
|Martijn van der Linden||Esther Chang|
|Tel: +31 6 10914896||Tel: +886 2 8170 9990|
|Email: email@example.com||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Source:NXP Semiconductors Netherlands B.V.