Battling back, Donald Trump said Thursday new allegations that he inappropriately touched women are "totally and absolutely false," and he blamed the news media of spreading fabrications.
"These events never, ever happened and the people that said them, meekly, fully understand," he said at a rally in swing state Florida.
"These claims are all fabricated," he said. Trump also said he has "substantial evidence" that disputes the allegations, which he said would be "made public in an appropriate way and at an appropriate time, very soon."
Shortly before he spoke, first lady Michelle Obama told a rally in New Hampshire that the leaked 2005 video of Trump joking about groping women without consent has "shaken me to my core."
"This was not just a lewd conversation. This wasn't locker room banter. This was a powerful individual speaking freely and openly about sexually predatory behavior," Mrs. Obama said.
Earlier on Thursday, the Republican presidential nominee lashed out at publications that reported the accounts of women who allege Trump touched them without their consent.
@realDonaldTrump: Why didn't the writer of the twelve year old article in People Magazine mention the "incident" in her story. Because it did not happen!
@realDonaldTrump: The phony story in the failing @nytimes is a TOTAL FABRICATION. Written by same people as last discredited story on women. WATCH!
The New York Times on Wednesday reported the accounts of two women who described encounters during which Trump allegedly grabbed or kissed them inappropriately. Also Wednesday, a People magazine staff writer reported that the New York real estate tycoon pushed her against a wall at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida in 2005 and was soon "forcing his tongue down my throat."
NBC News has not confirmed the allegations.