CARLSBAD, Calif., Oct. 18, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alphatec Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATEC), the parent company of Alphatec Spine, Inc., a provider of spinal fusion technologies, announced today that it will introduce several new products, as well as its current comprehensive portfolio at the upcoming North American Spine Society (NASS) meeting at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts, which will be held from October 26th – 29th, 2016. Alphatec Spine will be located in booth number 1523. In addition, today the Company announced that it has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Battalion™ Lateral Spacer System featuring the Alphatec Squadron™ Lateral Retractor.
“We are excited to demonstrate our newest products at NASS this year, including our new lateral system, the Battalion Lateral Spacer System, which features a unique and innovative retractor that we believe offers surgeons improved functionality and better patient outcomes,” said Leslie Cross, Chairman and interim Chief Executive Officer. “Our new XYcor® Expandable Spinal Spacer System and Arsenal™ Deformity systems will also be showcased. Each of these new products leverage and complement our robust Arsenal Spinal Fixation platform - providing comprehensive and compelling solutions for our surgeon customers and their patients. With our revitalized product pipeline and portfolio, we are increasing our market opportunities in the U.S., including our new offerings in the MIS and complex spine markets, two of the fastest growing market segments of spine.”
Alphatec will be showcasing its broad portfolio of spinal fusion products, including the Company’s newest spinal fusion products:
Alphatec Spinal Fusion Technologies Technical Exhibit Booth #1523:
- Battalion Lateral Spacer System and Squadron Lateral Retractor: The Battalion Lateral Spacer System with the Alphatec Squadron Lateral Retractor provides surgeons with a next-generation lateral system with unrivaled, unique design characteristics - total blade control technology that allows the surgeon to maintain approach aperture throughout the procedure, including in-situ blade height adjustment and blade replacement, combined with the Battalion Lateral Spacer will be available in 0°and 15° lordosis with a variety of width and height options for lumbar and thoracic approaches.
- XYcor Expandable Spinal Spacer System: The XYcor system provides surgeons with a minimally invasive inspired solution for PLIF and TLIF procedures by utilizing a smaller, more compact ALIF sized implant that can accommodate a variety of patient pathologies. The system provides nearly five times the amount of bone graft potential compared to standard PLIF and TLIF cages.
- Arsenal Deformity Spinal Fixation System: The Arsenal Deformity System was thoughtfully designed to provide surgeons with a complete solution to address complex deformity pathologies. The system features unique uniplanar and monoaxial screws, providing the surgeon with easier screw positioning and rod placement through a tulip that has 360 degrees of rotation while restricting motion in the medial/lateral plane for derotation correction.
Alphatec Workshops and Presentations:
- “Alphatec Spine Complex Solutions: Avoiding Pitfalls in Complex Deformity” by Dr. Kirkham Wood and Dr. Saechin Kim:
- Wednesday, October 26th – 8:00am EDT, The Learning Place
- Wednesday, October 26th – 8:00am EDT, The Learning Place
- “Discover XYcor the New Expandable Spinal Spacer System” by Dr. Henry F. Fabian, Jr.:
- Wednesday, October 26th – 3:15pm EDT, Alphatec booth #1523
- Thursday, October 27th – 9:45am EDT, Alphatec booth #1523
About Alphatec Spine
Alphatec Spine, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Alphatec Holdings, Inc., is a provider of spinal fusion technologies for the treatment of spinal disorders associated with trauma, congenital deformities, disease and degeneration. The Company's mission is to combine innovative surgical solutions with world-class customer service to improve outcomes and patient quality of life. The Company markets products in the U.S. via a direct sales force and independent distributors.
Additional information can be found at www.alphatecspine.com.
About the North American Spine Society (NASS)
The North American Spine Society is a global multidisciplinary medical society that utilizes education, research and advocacy to foster the highest quality, ethical, value- and evidence-based spine care for patients. The society is comprised of almost 9,000 members worldwide from disciplines including orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain management, physical/occupational therapy, anesthesiology, radiology and other health care professionals focused on the spine.
Additional information can be found at www.nassannualmeeting.org.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks and uncertainty. Such statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. Alphatec Spine cautions investors that there can be no assurance that actual results or business conditions will not differ materially from those projected or suggested in such forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Forward-looking statements include references to the Company's belief that certain of its products offer competitive functionalities in the marketplace. In addition, forward-looking statements include the Company's ability to successfully develop and commercialize its current products and new products, including the products discussed in this press release. The words "believe," "will," "should," "expect," "intend," "estimate" and "anticipate," variations of such words and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean that a statement is not a forward-looking statement. The important factors that could cause actual operating results to differ significantly from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to; the uncertainty of success in developing new products or products currently in Alphatec Spine's pipeline, including without limitation the products discussed in this press release; the uncertainties regarding the ability to successfully license or acquire new products and the commercial success of such products; failure to achieve acceptance of Alphatec Spine's products by the surgeon community, including without limitation the products discussed in this press release; Alphatec Spine's ability to develop and expand its U.S. revenues; continuation of favorable third part payor reimbursement for procedures performed using Alphatec Spine's products, including the products discussed in this press release; unanticipated expenses or liabilities or other adverse events affecting cash flow or Alphatec Spine's ability to successfully control its costs or achieve profitability; uncertainty of additional funding; Alphatec Spine's ability to compete with other competing products and with emerging new technologies; product liability exposure and patent infringement claims and claims related to Alphatec Spine's intellectual property. Please refer to the risks detailed from time to time in Alphatec Spine's SEC reports, including its Annual Report Form 10-K, as well as other filings on Form 10-Q and periodic filings on Form 8-K. Alphatec Spine disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless required by law.
CONTACT: Investor/Media Contact: Christine Zedelmayer Investor Relations Alphatec Spine, Inc. (760) 494-6610 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Alphatec Holdings, Inc.