The Fed cut interest rates by a quarter point, but it also reaffirmed its rate cut was meant to serve as insurance for the economy.Market Insiderread more
Investors are asking how the world's third-largest defense spender could have left itself so vulnerable and what that means for the future.Politicsread more
As the Fed was meeting to consider cutting interest rates, it lost control of the very benchmark rate that it manages.Market Insiderread more
A Belgian F-16 fighter jet crashed on a road in western France and one of its pilots is hanging from a high-voltage electricity line after his parachute got caught.Aerospace & Defenseread more
AT&T is considering selling DirecTV, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.Technologyread more
A key worry for some is whether libra competes with sovereign currencies like the dollar.Technologyread more
China's economy has long relied on factors such high levels of investments and an expanding labor force for growth. Those growth drivers are running out of steam.China Economyread more
India could benefit from the fallout in the U.S.-China trade war, experts told CNBC — but much-needed reforms on land and labor could prove to be a challenge for companies...Asia Economyread more
New crash tests show the Tesla Model 3 and the Audi e-tron, are among the safest models out on the road. The results bolster the theory electric vehicles may be better...Autosread more
U.S. consumers and growth in sectors such as technology have offset declines in other American industries, says Tom Finke, chairman and CEO of investment management firm...US Economyread more
The FAA administrator's comments come on the eve of his visit to Boeing facilities outside Seattle. While there, he's scheduled to meet with Boeing executives and be briefed...Airlinesread more
In their third and final debate, the two candidates didn't disappoint our ready and waiting fact check team at NBC News and PolitiFact. In a wild 90-minute debate, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton brought up dozens of inaccuracies, half truths, and a few surprising truths.
We fact checked the whole thing. Here's what we found.
1. Trump said the election is "rigged." It's not.
2. Trump said Justice Ginsburg insulted his supporters. She didn't.
3. Trump said Ginsburg apologized. She didn't, she said her comments were "ill advised."
More from NBC News:
Trump Won't Say He'll Accept Election Results: 'I Will Keep You In Suspense'
A 'Wall' of Taco, Food Trucks Line Up Against Trump in Las Vegas
November Surprise? Trump's Debate Warning Threatens to Split GOP
4. Clinton said she opposed a Supreme Court ruling on guns because the overturned law was trying to protect toddlers. It did involve kids, but that's not all the law did.
5. Clinton said her plan won't add a penny to the debt. That's unlikely.
6. Trump said that Clinton supports all kinds of abortion, including ripping "the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth." That's mostly false.
7. Trump said Clinton wants open borders. She doesn't.
8. Clinton said she was talking about energy when she mentioned "open borders" in a private speech. That appears to be true.
9. Trump said ICE endorsed him. They didn't, a union of some employees did.
10. Trump said he could bring GDP higher than 4 percent. Experts disagree.
11. Trump said the U.S. needs to focus on getting the "bad hombres" out. That's current U.S. policy.
12. Clinton claimed Trump said a "few weeks ago" that he wanted to deport everyone. He said that ten weeks ago, and has since taken two other stances and refused to rule out a pathway to citizenship.
13. Trump said Clinton supported building a wall with Mexico in 2006. She voted in favor of 700 miles of fencing on the 1,989-mile-long border.
15. Clinton said Trump encouraged Russia to spy on Americans. He encouraged Russia to spy on her, but not other Americans.
16. Trump said Putin is not his best friend. In 2013, he wondered if Putin might become his best friend though.
17. Trump said he doesn't know Putin. He repeatedly said he did.
18. Trump said "Hillary, you have no idea" that Russia is behind her campaign manager's hack. U.S. intelligence says it is.
20. Trump said he didn't say his accuser's looks undermined her sexual misconduct claim against him. Here's a video of him doing that.
21. Trump said the Mosul invasion was launched to make her look good. It wasn't.
22. Trump said he didn't know any of his accusers. He did.
23. Trump said his accusers claims have been debunked. They haven't.
24. Trump said he didn't mock a disabled reporter. Here's a video.
25. Trump said he opposed the war in Iraq. He didn't.
26. Trump said Clinton will raise your taxes. Only if you're really rich.
27. Trump said Clinton's tax plan will double your taxes. Nope.
28. Trump said Chicago proves that gun laws don't work. That's not how this works.
29. Trump claimed illegal immigrants are treated better than veterans. They're not.
30. Trump claimed Obamacare is raising premiums. He's half right.
31. Trump said Clinton failed to keep U.S. troops in Iraq. That's mostly false.
32. Trump alleged voter fraud citing a Pew report. That report found no evidence of voter fraud.
33. Trump said the Clinton Foundation took millions from the Middle East. It did.
34. Trump said Clinton "gave us ISIS." She didn't.
35. Trump said Clinton's State Department lost $6 billion. It didn't.
36. Clinton said Trump wanted to punish women for abortions. He did, but he walked it back immediately.