REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 20, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVGR), a leading developer of innovative treatments for peripheral artery disease (PAD), today announced a schedule of abstracts and sessions highlighting the Company’s Lumivascular™ technology at the upcoming Transcatheter Cardiovascular Thereaputics (TCT) conference taking place in Washington, DC from October 29-November 2, 2016.
Avinger Lumivascular technology highlights at TCT 2016:
- Complex Revascularization of Calcified CTO in SFA without Contrast or Fluoroscopy, Jon George, MD, Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, Abstract and Challenging Case - Saturday, October 29, 6:00-8:00pm
- 6-month Duplex Patency and MRA Following OCT Guided Atherectomy: Single Center Prospective Case Series, Jon George, MD, Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, Abstract and Challenging Case - Saturday, October 29, 6:00-8:00pm
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Enables the Reduction in Fluoroscopic Exposure during Endovascular Atherectomy, Tom Davis, MD, St. John Hospital, Detroit, MI, Abstract and Challenging Case - Saturday, October 29, 6:00-8:00pm
- First-in-man OCT Guided Recanalization and OCT Guided Atherectomy of Long Below-the-knee Chronic Total Occlusion after Previous Unsuccessful Intervention, Stefan Keisz, MD, San Antonio Endovascular & Heart Institute, Challenging Cases – Saturday, October 29, 6:00-8:00pm
- Plenary Session V. TCT Focus Session#1: The Innovators Roundtable, John B. Simpson, PhD, MD, Avinger Inc. – Sunday, October 30, 11:15am-12:15pm
- Hibernating Aneurysm and Ectatic SFA with Large Thrombus Burden Identified Using OCT Guided Atherectomy: Changing Algorithms of Care Using Real Time Imaging During Therapy, Jaafer Golzar, MD, Advocate Heart Institute, Oak Lawn, IL, Edited Taped Case Presentation - Sunday, October 30, 3:40-3:52pm
- Atherectomy in SFA CTOs: How to Maximize Outcomes and Prevent Complications, Roger Gammon, MD, Heart Hospital of Austin, Session: Complex Lower Extremity Arterial Interventions - Tuesday, November 1, 10:45-10:53am
- 5 Year Outcomes after Revascularization of Long SFA Occlusions with OCT Guided Ocelot Catheter: Results from the Pivotal FIH Study, Przemyslaw Nowakowski, American Heart of Poland, Interventional Innovation III: Early Feasibility and First in Human Studies - Tuesday, November 1, 9:11am
- Recanalization of Completely Occluded Side Branch after Atherectomy of the Main Vessel, Stefan Keisz, MD, San Antonio Endovascular & Heart Institute, Special Session: Complex Lower Extremity Arterial Interventions - Tuesday, November 1, 10:30am-12:00pm
About Avinger, Inc.
Avinger, Inc. is a commercial-stage medical device company that designs, manufactures and sells image-guided catheter-based systems for the treatment of patients with peripheral artery disease (PAD). PAD is characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries that supply blood to the arms and legs. The company’s mission is to dramatically improve the treatment of vascular disease through the introduction of products based on its Lumivascular platform, the only intravascular image-guided system of therapeutic catheters available in this market. Avinger’s current Lumivascular products include the Lightbox imaging console, the Ocelot family of catheters, which are designed to penetrate total arterial blockages, known as chronic total occlusions, or CTOs, and Pantheris™, the first-ever image-guided atherectomy device, designed to precisely remove arterial plaque in PAD patients. For more information, please visit www.avinger.com.
Investor Contact: Matt Ferguson Avinger, Inc. (650) 241-7917 firstname.lastname@example.org