SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 24, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
WHERE: ARM TechCon 2016, Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, Calif. 95054
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 25 - Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016
WHAT: AppliedMicro will host an expert panel to discuss the growing ecosystem around ARM’s industry-leading ARMv8-A architecture, the prominent role of X-Gene® in driving that growth and the future of ARM-based servers enterprise and mega data centers. The company will also conduct live booth demonstrations at this year’s conference. Full activities include:
- Sponsored Session: “Scale Out: The Future of Enterprise and Mega Data Centers”
AppliedMicro’s Kumar Sankaran, associate vice president of software and platform engineering, and Parag Jain, associate vice president of processor products, will be joined by representatives from ARM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), RedHat and The Linley Group for an exclusive expert panel. This session will address the current state of the ARM 64-bit server market and the players, maturity of the enterprise class operating systems and overall state of the 64-bit server software ecosystem. During this panel discussion, attendees will hear more about the X-Gene server processors that are in production today and deployed in a variety of applications ranging from enterprise storage, in-memory databases and security accelerators. This session also will provide a preview of the next-generation X-Gene 3 processor.
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 12:30 – 1:20 p.m. PT in Grand Ballroom C
- Space is limited, confirm your seat. Please email email@example.com to RSVP.
- AppliedMicro Booth No. 201: Live demos of X-Gene 1 and 2
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. PT; Thursday, Oct. 27 from 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. PT
- Live Demonstrations Onsite Include:
- HPE StoreVirtual 3200 Enterprise Storage Platform with X-Gene 1
- Performance of Redis/Memcached In-Memory Database Server with X-Gene 2
- Kontron SYMKLOUD MS2910 SDN/NFV Platform with X-Gene 1
- PCIE Multi-Function Accelerator Card with X-Gene 2
- AppliedMicro at TechCon page
- X-Gene resource page
- X-Gene 3 paper
- Connect with AppliedMicro via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and the Blog
Applied Micro Circuits Corporation (Nasdaq:AMCC) is a global leader in computing and connectivity solutions for next-generation cloud infrastructure and data centers. AppliedMicro delivers silicon solutions that dramatically lower total cost of ownership. Corporate headquarters are located in Santa Clara, California. www.apm.com.
(C) Copyright 2016, Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. AppliedMicro, X-Gene, X-Weave, Server on a Chip, and Cloud Server are registered trademarks of Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
Media Contacts: Mike Major Applied Micro Circuits Corporation Phone: +1 (408) 542-8831 firstname.lastname@example.org Jennifer Grabowski Racepoint Global for Applied Micro Circuits Corporation Phone: +1 (617) 624-3200 APM@racepointglobal.com
Source:Applied Micro Circuits Corporation