MONTERREY, Mexico, Oct. 25, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (NASDAQ:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), today reported its unaudited, consolidated results for the third quarter of 2016.
Third quarter 2016 summary
OMA generated solid results in the third quarter of 2016. The sum of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues rose 28.4%. The increase in aeronautical revenues reflects the initiatives to develop new routes, a 12.2% increase in passenger traffic volumes, and the increase in tariffs in the second quarter of 2016. The increase in non-aeronautical revenues principally reflects the expansion of hotel services as part of OMA’s diversification activities. Adjusted EBITDA rose 38.3% with an Adjusted EBITDA margin of 66.8%. Operating income rose 47.9% and net income increased 59.4%.
|(Million Passengers and Million Pesos)||3Q15||3Q16||% Var||9M15||9M16||% Var|
|Aeronautical Revenues + Non-Aeronautical Revenues||1,086||1,394||28.4||3,030||3,791||25.1|
|Adjusted EBITDA Margin (Adjusted EBITDA/Aeronautical Revenues + Non-Aeronautical Revenues, %)||62.0||%||66.8||%||59.4||%||64.5||%|
|Income from Operations||541||801||47.9||1,428||2,054||43.9|
|Operating Margin (%)||47.1||%||53.5||%||43.5||%||51.8||%|
|Consolidated Net Income||306||487||59.4||841||1,306||55.4|
|Net Income of Controlling Interest||305||483||58.4||838||1,303||55.4|
|MDP and Strategic Investments||154||134||(12.8||)||543||346||(36.4||)|
|*Based on weighted average shares outstanding|
The principal results of the third quarter include:
- Total terminal passenger traffic increased 12.2% to 5.1 million in 3Q16. Domestic traffic increased 14.2%, while international traffic decreased 2.0%. The Monterrey, Ciudad Juárez, Culiacán, and Chihuahua airports had the most growth.
- Twelve new routes opened in the quarter, including 10 domestic and two international routes.
- Aeronautical revenues increased 32.0%, principally as a result of the growth in passenger traffic and an increase in specific tariffs in 2Q16.
- Aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 17.6% to Ps. 205.5.
- Non-aeronautical revenues increased 18.4%, principally as an indirect result of increased passenger traffic and the performance of the Hilton Garden Inn.
- Non-aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 5.6% to Ps. 66.0.
- Total operating costs and expenses increased 14.3%, below the rate of revenue growth, resulting in a 47.9% increase in operating income.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 38.3% to Ps. 931 million. The Adjusted EBITDA margin reached 66.8%, up 479 basis points.
- Consolidated net income increased 59.4% to Ps. 487 million. Earnings were Ps. 1.23 per share, or US$ 0.50 per American Depositary Share (ADS).
- Total Capex, major maintenance, and other smaller expenditures to meet Master Development Program (MDP) commitments and strategic investments, were Ps. 134 million.
OMA’s complete 3Q16 earnings report is available at http://ir.oma.aero.
OMA (NASDAQ: OMAB; BMV: OMA) will hold its 3Q16 earnings conference call on October 26,
2016 at 11 am Eastern time, 10 am Mexico City time.
The conference call is accessible by calling 1-800-279-9534 toll-free from the U.S. or 1-719-325-2250
from outside the U.S. The conference ID is 9050202. A taped replay will be available through
November 2, 2016 at 1-844-512-2921 toll free or + 1-412-317-6671, using the same ID.
The conference call will also be available by webcast at http://ir.oma.aero/events.cfm.
This press release may contain forward-looking information and statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements are only predictions based on our current information and expectations and projections about future events. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “target,” “estimate,” or similar expressions. While OMA's management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and are generally beyond the control of OMA, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those discussed in our most recent annual report filed on Form 20-F under the caption “Risk Factors.” OMA undertakes no obligation to update publicly its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA, operates 13 international airports in nine states of central and northern Mexico. OMA’s airports serve Monterrey, Mexico’s third largest metropolitan area, the tourist destinations of Acapulco, Mazatlán, and Zihuatanejo, and nine other regional centers and border cities. OMA also operates the NH Collection Hotel inside Terminal 2 of the Mexico City airport and the Hilton Garden Inn at the Monterrey airport. OMA employs over 1,000 persons in order to offer passengers and clients airport and commercial services in facilities that comply with all applicable international safety, security, and ISO 9001:2008 environmental standards. OMA is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (OMA) and on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OMAB). For more information, visit:
CONTACT: Chief Financial Officer Vicsaly Torres Ruiz +52 (81) 8625 4300 email@example.com Investor Relations: Emmanuel Camacho +52 (81) 8625 4308 firstname.lastname@example.org Laury Franco Castillo +52 (81) 8625 4377 email@example.com Manuel Higinio de León +52 (81) 8625 4334 firstname.lastname@example.org In the US: Daniel Wilson /Zemi Communications +1 (212) 689 9560 email@example.com Media Relations: Paola Fernández +52 (81) 8625 4300 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte S.A.B. de C.V.