SMITHFIELD, Va., Oct. 25, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This fall, Smithfield launches seven new products to encourage consumers to explore the latest in cooking trends and flavor innovation. With the rise in slow cooker cooking, all bacon everything and holiday entertaining, the brand offers something for everyone while expanding their current product line to tap into consumers’ love of unique flavor combinations.
- Smithfield Marinated Pork Roasts: Slow cooker cooking is on the rise as nearly 81% of homes already own a slow cooker with 18% of homes using a slow cooker in a typical two-week period. Smithfield is introducing two Marinated Pork Roasts perfect for slow cooker cooking that appeal to lovers of BBQ and the comforts of home. (32 oz., $7.99)
- Smithfield Sweet & Smoky Pork Roast satisfies consumers’ ongoing love affair with all things barbecue, making for perfect pulled pork for sandwiches and sliders.
- Smithfield Homestyle Pork Roast appeals to consumers young and old who turn to slow cookers for classic comfort food.
- Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Carnitas: From food trucks to fine dining, authentic Mexican and Latin-inspired cuisine is growing in popularity. Available in both non-seasoned and pre-seasoned varieties, Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Carnitas can be braised or oven-roasted until slightly crisp to be used as a filling for tacos, burritos, tamales and tortas for an easy, flavorful at-home dinner solution the whole family will enjoy.
- Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas are conveniently seasoned with the traditional herbs of Mexico like garlic, onion, oregano and cumin to achieve a delicious balance of flavors. (32 oz., $7.99)
- Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Non-Seasoned Carnitas are tender and juicy and allow consumers to add their own combination of seasonings to create a flavorful dish any day of the week. (2.5 - 3.5 lbs., $2.59 per pound)
- Smithfield Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin: Topped with real Smithfield Hardwood Smoked Bacon, this new flavor capitalizes on the ongoing bacon craze. Slow-marinated and perfectly seasoned 100% fresh pork cuts, Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin makes for a hassle-free, delicious dinner ready in just 30 minutes or less any night of the week. (18.4 oz., $6.99)
- Smithfield Brown Sugar & Bourbon Bacon: With a touch of sweetness and a hint of smokiness, this limited time flavor appeals to both bacon lovers and imbibers alike. Along with offering a unique flavor combination, Smithfield Brown Sugar & Bourbon Bacon is thick cut and naturally hardwood smoked with a hand-rubbed seasoning. It comes in re-sealable 22 oz. stack packaging for added convenience. (22 oz., $8.49)
- Smithfield Salted Caramel Spiral Sliced Ham: This specialty ham can serve as the centerpiece to any table this holiday season. Smithfield Spiral hams are fully cooked, hickory-smoked, and expertly crafted. The new Salted Caramel Glaze will surprise and delight guests on the Smithfield Spiral ham they already know and love. (Size varies, $25 - $35)
“As consumers’ tastes and lifestyles change, we at Smithfield want to provide products that meet their ever-changing needs,” said Mike Merritt, senior director of brand marketing for Smithfield Foods. “We’re excited to release these new products and help be a part of consumers’ meal times all throughout the day.”
“Whether consumers are looking for a delicious weeknight dinner in 30 minutes or less, a slow cooker roast for game day, or the perfect pulled pork, we’re proud to have something for everyone,” said Dedra Berg, senior director of fresh pork marketing for Smithfield Foods.
For more information and recipe inspiration, visit www.Smithfield.com.
A leading provider of high-quality pork products, Smithfield was founded in 1936 in Smithfield, Virginia, establishing the town as the “Ham Capital of the World.” From hand-trimmed bacon and slow-smoked holiday hams to marinated tenderloins, Smithfield brings artistry, authenticity and a commitment to heritage, flavor, and handcrafted excellence to everything it produces. With a vast product portfolio including smoked meats, hams, bacon, sausage, ribs, and a wide variety of fresh pork cuts, the company services retail, foodservice, and deli channels across the United States and 30 countries abroad. All of Smithfield’s products meet the highest quality and safety standards in the industry. To learn more about how Flavor Hails from Smithfield, please visit www.Smithfield.com, www.Twitter.com/SmithfieldBrand, and www.Facebook.com/CookingWithSmithfield. Smithfield is a brand of Smithfield Foods.
About Smithfield Foods
Smithfield Foods is a $14 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan's Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, John Morrell®, Cook's®, Kretschmar®, Gwaltney®, Curly's®, Margherita®, Carando®, Healthy Ones®, Krakus®, Morliny®, and Berlinki®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com.
Media Contacts: Hunter PR for Smithfield Michael Bernardini firstname.lastname@example.org (212) 679-6600