PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., Oct. 31, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The mobile wallet market is rapidly expanding throughout the payments landscape, and many financial institutions, merchants, mobile device integrators, security companies, and mobile payment tech enthusiasts are looking to learn how to take advantage of the promise of security and convenience that mobile wallets provide. To explain how different mobile wallet schemes work, and the business impacts and security and implementation considerations for mobile payments, the Smart Card Alliance has today made available a recording of the video presentation, “Mobile Payments – the Wild West of Payments.”
The video presentation, a recording of the full day workshop held in September at the National Center for Advanced Payments and Identity Security in Crystal City, Virginia, can be ordered online for download at http://nationalcenter.smartcardalliance.org/mobile-wallets-the-wild-west-of-payments/. Smart Card Alliance members receive a 30 percent discount off the regular fee for the training video.
“With the many different mobile wallets being pushed into the market, it’s important for the industry to understand the different ways mobile payment technology can be implemented because there’s no single right way to do it,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “This presentation is the only one available that accurately captures all of the unique attributes of the many mobile wallet implementations in the market today.”
This video presentation provides viewers with:
- A high-level overview of the mobile wallets landscape since Apple Pay launched
- Pros and cons of the Near Field Communication (NFC) and Host Card Emulation (HCE) technologies used with different wallet solutions
- Potential business impacts of tap, in-app and mobile browser wallets
- A comparison of the impact of mobile device-centric, bank-centric and merchant-centric wallet models on consumer adoption
- A close look at Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay – three main players in the U.S. market
- A deep dive into merchant- and bank-centric wallets including ChasePay, Walmart Pay, and wallets from Amazon and U.S. Bank
- Security considerations and fraud risks for the myriad of wallet solutions
- An expert panel discussion on the winners and losers in the mobile “Wild West”
Speakers include Deborah Baxley, Paygility Advisors; Guy Berg, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis; Tony Sabetti, CPI Card Group; Julien Traisnel, Oberthur Technologies; and Randy Vanderhoof, Smart Card Alliance, with Oliver Manahan, Infineon Technologies as a moderator.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.smartcardalliance.org.
CONTACT: Megan Shamas Montner Tech PR 203-226-9290 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Smart Card Alliance