DALLAS, Nov. 9, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the month of October, Associa, the industry's largest community management firm, helped homeowners nation-wide with donations totaling $68,500. Added to its contributions from previous months, Associa has helped out families in need with close to $600,000 in charitable donations in 2016.
The money is distributed through Associa Cares, an organization set up to benefit families across the country that are in need of assistance following a catastrophe at home such as a flood, fire or tornado. Associa Cares dollars are contributed by employees and fundraising events. It relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in October:
• Salisbury, Maryland - $21,500 provided to multiple families that suffered extreme flood damage. The donation was made possible through Legum & Norman.
• Humble, Texas – $15,000 provided to multiple residents whose homes suffered severe fire damage. The donation was made possible through Principal Management Group of Houston.
• Northern California – $10,000 provided to a families whose homes were damaged or destroyed in the Clayton Wildfires. The donation was made possible through Associa Northern California.
• Darien, Illinois - $8,500 distributed amongst multiple condo residents temporarily evicted by the city. The donation was made possible through Associa Chicagoland.
• Southern California - $8,000 provided to families whose homes were damaged or destroyed in the Blue Cut Wildfires. The donation was made possible through Associa Home Office.
• Round Lake, Illinois - $2,500 provided to a family that lost its home and vehicles in a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Chicagoland.
• Sparks, Nevada - $2,000 – provided to a family whose home was completely destroyed and dog perished in a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Sierra North.
• Albuquerque, New Mexico - $1,000 provided to a family after their house suffered smoke and water damage following a fire. The donation was made possible through Canyon Gate.
"From wildfires to hurricanes, we saw everything in October and we're proud that our organization could be there to help some of the families who needed it most," said Associa Cares President Andrew Fortin. "We couldn't do this without tremendous support from our employees who contribute throughout the year to this worthwhile cause."
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations raised from Associa employees and at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family that has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
CONTACT: Billy Rudolph 214-272-4107 email@example.com