×

Trump administration blocking some Muslims from re-entering US: Lawsuit

PA Gov. Tom Wolf, Sen. Bob Casey, Rep, Bob Brady, State Rep. Brian Simps, Mayor Jim Kenney, Councilwomen Helen Gym, were joined by hundreds of protesters at Philadelphia International Airport.
Bastiaan Slabbers | NurPhoto | Getty Images
PA Gov. Tom Wolf, Sen. Bob Casey, Rep, Bob Brady, State Rep. Brian Simps, Mayor Jim Kenney, Councilwomen Helen Gym, were joined by hundreds of protesters at Philadelphia International Airport.

The Trump administration is violating the rights of some nationals from the seven Muslim-majority countries targeted in an executive order by barring them from re-entering the United States, the ACLU said in a lawsuit filed on Thursday.

The lawsuit is a proposed class-action brought on behalf of nationals of the seven Muslim-majority nations named in President Donald Trump's executive order temporarily banning entry from those countries.

The members of the class action are living or previously lived in the United States, the suit said.

Follow CNBC International on Twitter and Facebook.