LOS ANGELES, March 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Shareholders of Unified Grocers, the largest wholesale grocery distributor in the western United States, elected 19 individuals to the Board of Directors at the Company’s Annual Shareholders Meeting in Norwalk, California on February 24.
At a Board of Directors meeting immediately following the Annual Shareholders Meeting, directors re-elected Richard E. Goodspeed, Principal, Goodspeed & Associates, as Chairman of the Board of Unified Grocers. Goodspeed has served as Chairman of Unified’s Board since 2010. Directors also re-elected Louis A. Amen, Chairman of the Board, Super A Foods, Inc., Los Angeles as First Vice Chairman and Jay T. McCormack, Senior Vice President, Rio Ranch Markets, Riverside, California, as Second Vice Chairman.
In addition to Goodspeed, Amen and McCormack, 16 other individuals were elected by shareholders to serve on Unified’s Board of Directors:
- Brad Alford, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Nestlé USA
- John Berberian, President, Berberian Enterprises, Inc.
- Vache Fermanian, Co-Owner and Vice President, B&V Enterprises, Inc.
- Oscar Gonzalez, Co-owner, Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc.
- Paul Kapioski, President and Owner, CAP Food Services Co.
- Darioush Khaledi, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, K.V. Mart Co.
- Mark H. Kidd, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mar-Val Food Stores, Inc.
- John D. Lang, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Epson America, Inc.
- Roger M. Laverty, President, Grandpoint Bank
- Rob McDougall, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gelson’s Markets
- John Najjar, President, Cardiff Seaside Market, Inc.
- Greg Saar, President and Chief Executive Officer, Saar’s Inc.
- Thomas S. Sayles, Senior Vice President, University Relations, University of Southern California
- Mimi R. Song, President and Chief Executive Officer, Super Center Concepts, Inc.
- Michael S. Trask, President, Stanlar Foods, Inc.
- Kenneth R. Tucker, President, Evergreen Markets, Inc.
Chairman Richard E. Goodspeed commented, “This is a time of great change in our industry. I’m excited about the coming year, and look forward to working with the management team and the entire Board of Directors as we continue our efforts to create growth opportunities for Unified Members.”
About Unified Grocers, Inc.
Founded in 1922, Unified Grocers is a retailer-owned wholesale grocery distributor that supplies independent retailers throughout the western United States. Unified and its subsidiaries, which generated approximately $4 billion in sales during fiscal year 2016, offer independent retailers all the resources they need to compete in the supermarket industry. For more information about Unified Grocers, visit: www.unifiedgrocers.com.
Contact: Paul Dingsdale, Director of Communications (323) 881-4150 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Unified Grocers