Firefighters responded to a fire in a generator in New York's Chelsea neighborhood on the roof of Chelsea Market, a popular spot for shopping and dining, on Tuesday.
"Today there was a minor fire within the cooling tower on the roof of Chelsea market that has been contained. The fire department responded immediately to the scene, and the adjacent office floors of the building were evacuated as a precaution," a spokesperson for Chelsea Market told CNBC via email.
"The safety of our visitors and tenants is our greatest concern. No injuries have been reported and we are working with the FDNY to ensure that the situation remains under control," the spokesperson added.
The FDNY Twitter page noted that the fire was under control.
@FDNY: #FDNY confirms fire on roof of 425 W 15 St #ChelseaMarket has been knocked down. 1 non life-threatening injury reported
Numerous photos showing billowing smoke were posted to Twitter.
The call about the fire came in around 12:15 p.m.