WASHINGTON, April 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the advocate for the profession of directorship, today announced a partnership with MOSH. to live stream a 10-part weekly series called Board-Talk: Diversity and Corporate Governance.
Using MOSH.’s unique digital platform, viewers will hear from and engage with experienced directors, investors, and diversity experts each week—in real time. The audience will be able to engage with the host and guest during the live stream by posting comments and questions on the MOSH. platform and can continue to engage with other audience members between programs.
“NACD has always maintained that the directors around the boardroom table must bring different perspectives and experiences that align with the company’s strategic goals,” said NACD President and CEO Peter Gleason. “And while the needle has not moved as much as many would like, we are seeing progress. In fact, more than 60 percent of the placements made by our board recruitment practice over the past few years have been women or minorities. The MOSH. series offers board members, investors, and diversity experts a unique platform to continue this critical dialogue.”
Series guests will include the following:
- Brenda Gaines—Director, Tenet Healthcare and Southern Company Gas; Former Director, AGL Resources, CNA Financial Corp., Fannie Mae, Nicor, and Office Depot
- Rakhi Kumar—Managing Director and Head of ESG Investments and Asset Stewardship, State Street Global Advisors
- Sol Trujillo—Director, WPP and Western Union; Former Director, Bank of America, EDS, Gannett Co. Inc., Orange, PepsiCo, Target Corp., and Telstra; NACD Blue Ribbon Commissioner, Report of the NACD Blue Ribbon Commission on the Diverse Board
- Holly Gregory—Partner and Cohead, Global Corporate Governance & Executive Compensation Group, Sidley Austin LLP
- Michelle Edkins—Managing Director, BlackRock Global Investment Stewardship Team
- Tim Smith—Senior Vice President, ESG Engagement, Walden Asset Management
- Rochelle Campbell—Head of NACD Board Recruitment Services
- Cari Dominguez—Director, ManpowerGroup, NACD, Triple-S Management Corp., and Calvert Funds; Former Chair, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Virginia Gambale—Director, JetBlue Airways Corp., First Derivatives, and Dundee Corp.
- Javier Barrientos—Global Diversity & Inclusion Head, Biogen
“Board-Talk: Diversity & Corporate Governance is a women-led initiative, and enables anyone, anywhere, to engage with global leaders on diversity and corporate governance with just a phone or a PC, on a weekly basis. Board-Talk guests will be hosted by Patricia Lenkov, a specialist in board recruitment,” said Elizabeth Aris, CEO and cofounder of MOSH.
The first episode airs at 1:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 19. To register for the series, go to www.MOSH.us.
NACD has championed board diversity for four decades. For more on NACD’s guidance on building diverse boards, including the NACD Diversity Discussion Guide for Directors, please visit the NACD Board Diversity Resource Center.
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) empowers more than 17,000 directors to lead with confidence in the boardroom. As the recognized authority on leading boardroom practices, NACD helps boards strengthen investor trust and public confidence by ensuring that today’s directors are well prepared for tomorrow’s challenges. World-class boards join NACD to elevate performance, gain foresight, and instill confidence. Fostering collaboration among directors, investors, and corporate governance stakeholders, NACD has been setting the standard for responsible board leadership for 40 years. To learn more about NACD, visit www.NACDonline.org. To become an NACD member, please contact us at Join@NACDonline.org or 202-572-2089. If you are already a member, contact your NACD Membership Advisor at MembershipAdvisor@NACDonline.org to ensure that you are receiving the best value from your membership.
MOSH. is a digital-media platform purpose built for brands or organizations to have an effective digital relationship with their audience and bring any form of content—words, pictures, any length video or live stream, podcasts, digital magazines, VR, etc.—to their audience. MOSH. allows the audience to have a social engagement with the brands and organizations they choose and with other members of the audience. The brand or organization is able to collect granular audience data for ongoing marketing purposes, and is able to reach 100 percent of their audience with posts, overcoming the limitations of traditional social media platforms. For more information about MOSH. contact Elizabeth Aris, CEO and cofounder, at email@example.com or 415-401-5364, or visit www.MOSH.us.
About Patricia Lenkov
Patricia Lenkov is the founder and CEO of Agility Executive Search, an executive recruiter specializing in corporate board search. Lenkov has more than 20 years of experience. She has conducted more than 250 board searches for all sizes and configurations of both public and private companies. Contact Patricia Lenkov at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-363-4803.
Media Contact: Bill Brawner Brawner Communications 202-329-1389 email@example.com
Source:National Association of Corporate Directors